Meeting

When I got home, my parents and siblings were already there. "How was dinner?" My dad asked. "It was so great." I responded in a sarcastic tone.

"What happened?" My mom asked when she saw a random blanket wrapped around my waist. My mom bought me the skirt as a gift when we went abroad. Yikes.

"The waiter wasn't being careful." I muttered as I revealed the alfredo leftovers.

My mom winced at the sight. "Oh-" She shook her head as she analyzed the murdered skirt. "Well did you report it?" My mom asked. She knows how quiet I get when we travel. Because my thought process is: Why bother fighting when I won't even be here next year?

"Well yeah, I did this time." I said with a little smile. Might seem stupid, but I was proud that I had done something.

"It was designer as a gift," my mom muttered, patting my skirt. "But we can try to get it out." She said with a reassuring smile. "But you should go get ready for bed, I think your sister is already sleeping." She said.

I said my goodnights and headed upstairs. After finishing my routine, I walked into my sister reading on the top bunk.
"Do you know Han Seojun?" I asked from the bottom bunk.

"I think you forgot that I'm in middle school." She paused. "But yeah, he's on Instagram. The eighth graders are totally crushing on him."
I hated that my cheeks turned pink. A sprinkle laid on my cheeks, but I hated it. Other people were looking at him? Is he that attractive? Maybe. But do they know he's a complete dumbass? I don't know.

"Why?" She asked, shifting our entire bunk bed. "Aren't you curious?"
"No." I promptly responded. "Just a question." I responded.

Silence was what I got from the top bunk before she shifted in her blankets, once again shifting our entire world right now.

"Oh, did you go outfit shopping with mom? For the gala on Wednesday?" Oh shit.

"..Did you?"

"Yeah, we just went today. Apparently, some people are trying to invest in that new company mom and dad are working at. Like, huge money for them. And a promotion to stay here or something." Us, staying here? A girl can dream I guess.

"Mom told me not to tell you the last part though." She added. I sighed. Somehow that comment gave me some hope that the dream can come true. But I can't get my hopes up now.

"What time is the-" I began until I was cut off by my little sister's snoring. But out of all places? We could stay here permanently?

---------------

"What are you doing after school today?" Soo-ah asked while she played with my hair.

"I have to go dress shopping with my mom." I said while finishing my classwork for today.

"So you're just going to say that with no follow up statements?" Jugyeong said with a pout.

"Nosy cats today." I said and shutted my workbook in relief. "My parents have to go to this investment gala or something on Wednesday." I said. I looked up at the two girls who were sharing a bag of potato chips and looking back at me.

"Are we invited?" Jugyeong said with a grin. "I'll do your makeup for an invite."

"I'll do nails and hair!" Soo-ah chirped in.

For the first time, I guess I wouldn't be sitting in the bathroom or talking to my siblings while sipping cranberry juice.

"I can ask." I said with a smile. The girls cheered like they won the World Cup, and just like that, class for today was over.