❖ Chapter 12 ❖

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Part 2: Symptoms
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

November 27th, 2009
2:30 AM

~Sagittarius~

"Aaaand that should do it. For now, at least." Aries pulled away with relief, wiping down his bloodied hands on his jeans.

My worry subsided for the moment, kneeling beside Capricorn as she continued to breathe heavily while eyeing the newly placed bandages wrapped around her lower abdomen. Aries didn't have much to work with, so the best we could do for her was try and prevent the wound from getting infected.

"So she's okay right?? She'll be fine?" I couldn't help but feel antsy and nervous, I mean this was all new so how could I not be worried?

"I already said..that I was fine.." Capricorn grunted, biting down hard on her lip as she tried to sit upright.

"Yeah, well I don't believe you so," She glared at me but I chose to ignore her, awaiting Aries' verdict.

He seemed unsure, scratching the back of his neck as he avoided any eye contact. "I only tried to stop the bleeding. Disinfecting it would be tedious work and I don't have steady hands so Aqua will take care of it-"

"Well, that's fine..." I nodded, mostly trying to convince myself that it was fine.

I took a look at Capri, watching as she leaned back against one of the wooden pillars in the abandoned barn we took shelter in, looking paler than usual. She was dripping with sweat too, which wasn't too concerning, and yet I still found myself worrying about her.

"We should be on the lookout for any symptoms as well."

"Symptoms?" I quickly looked up, my brows furrowing as a look of confusion crossed my face. My eyes drift toward Virgo, who had decided to invite herself to the conversation.

I noticed her sneak a glance at Capri and I tensed instantly, feeling way too protective even though nothing was threatening us at the moment.

"You said she was attacked, right? If anything, she might turn into one of those zombies," Virgo squinted her eyes. "We have no choice but to keep watch."

Fear started to well up inside me all over again, struggling to believe that it would be okay. I mean, what have we gotten ourselves into!? What was happening? Why was this all happening, this wasn't fair..! None of this was fair...

"Don't scare her now," Aries nudged Virgo with his elbow, currently wiping up his hands with a handkerchief. "Besides, we don't even know any key symptoms."

"Cancer should know a thing or two, right? She's seen a bunch of patients." Virgo frowned.

"All I know is that they looked sick. At the time, I didn't really look into the symptoms." Cancer walked past us and stood near the open doors of the barn, peering out into the wasteland that we had wandered into.

We were lucky enough to find a place to stay. Most places were either closed off or surrounded by zombies. The place was worn down with weakened boards and a leaky ceiling, but it was sturdy and even had large wooden doors that could be locked with a wooden latch. Thankfully it was located on the outskirts of the city, so there was little chance we'd be given any trouble.