❖ Chapter 7 ❖

8:48 PM

~Sagittarius~

I sat there on the couch, legs crossed as I continuously stuffed chips in my mouth and watched the TV screen with a blank expression written across my face. I was watching my usual Korean Drama, bouncing in my spot while watching soldiers clash swords and knock each other off their horses.

I would've enjoyed these scenes on normal days; cheering with excitement once an enemy got knocked down, immersed in the story that was being told throughout the show. Yet, today didnt seem like one of those exciting, energetic days.

Instead, I was sitting there in discomfort while swallowing down a mouthful of chips, my throat feeling scratchy and dry at the moment. I squeezed my eyes shut whenever someone got tackled by the enemy, my mind flashing back to that moment in the bathroom. I was unable to shake the image from my mind, remembering those dead eyes and that painful groan that had escaped from her lips.

"UghhhhhHhh..."

I felt myself go rigid, my face paling at the sudden groan that emitted in the room. I wasn't paying attention to my show at this point, whipping my head around and sinking down low in the couch, feeling my anxiety beginning to swallow me whole, my breath shaky as my heart began to race at an uncontrollable rate.

Please don't tell me...Don't tell me it's here...

I had squeezed my eyes shut, shaking behind the couch while taking a pillow and tightly clutching it to my chest. I took a deep inhale, feeling my breath getting caught up in my throat and leaving me barely able to breathe. I should've looked to see what was actually there, but I was just so damn terrified after what had happened earlier today.

"Saggi..?" A familiar voice spoke out, sounding much closer to me than expected. I felt a chill run down my spine just from hearing my nickname, feeling as if my heart was pounding in my throat.

After a minute or two of cowering behind the couch, I forced myself to pick my head up to see what was there, still clutching the couch cushion to my chest and ready to chuck it if necessary.

But as I looked across the room, I felt myself begin to relax as I noticed my sister, standing there and gently rubbing her wary eyes. She tipped her head at me, looking a little confused while she seemed a bit 'out of it'.

   "Ah, couldn't finish homework?" I asked, deciding not to show that I had been scared not even a minute beforehand.

Capricorn shook her head, coming over the couch and sitting down beside me. "I can't focus.." Was all she muttered, a yawn escaping from her lips.

I smiled a little, knowing that she had been overthinking as usual. What happened today must've really been hitting her hard, especially since I was almost hurt. It was taking a toll on both of us, yet it was almost as if there was nothing we could do.

   "It's been a long day, you need rest." I pointed out, resting a hand upon Capricorn's thigh, making her face towards me with unsureness evident within her eyes.

   "I can't rest with all that's happening." She said what I expected her to say, watching as she placed a hand on her cheek and rubbed the side of her temple with the other.

Capricorn had always been someone with a lot of weight on her shoulders, having to take care of the both of us while our mom was...away. We were always offered by a social worker to be put into foster care, but Cap always refused, knowing she was already an adult and couldn't be put through it again, while I would be taken in and separated from her.