The Trickle

"I thought all of the lost generation was gone! How are you here?" Taylor asked with bright eyes.

   "The lost generation? Is that what they call us? Sounds dumb." She chuckled.

   Matthieu floated over and frowned. "Taylor who is this..?"

   "Oh! Oh Matt this is Marine! Marine Striking." Taylor smiled. "Marine this is Matthieu Miraculous!"

   "Miraculous? Like the royal family... You don't look royal." She blinked.

   "It's... complicated. I'm not exactly part of the royal family." Matt rubbed the back of his neck watching as Taylor kept his arm around Marines shoulder.

   "Oh. Okay..." She murmured.

   Taylor turned. "Its alright your majesty. I'll watch her. If that's alright."

   "That's fine." The king hummed. "Another of the lost generation. I'd like to speak with her later."

   Marine smiled. "So where are we going Tay Tay?"

   "We could show you around the castle!" Taylor grinned.

   "That sounds like a good idea. Maybe we'll run into Mattie!" Matt smiled a little. He hadn't seen Taylor this happy in ages.

   "Alright! Sounds great." Marine didn't seem too bad...

   The castle was a big place. They didn't travel very fast.

   "Isn't this amazing. The castle! I had never imagined getting to explore freely." Taylor hummed.

   "It is wonderful." She smiled and turned to Taylor. "Tay Tay It's great." She leaned forward.

   Matthieu stared as she got closer and closer to Taylor. No. Surely not!

   Taylor blinked and went tense. He put his hand in front of her mouth and pulled back. "Marine...." He glanced over at Matthieu. "We aren't... we aren't engaged anymore."

   Matthieu gave sigh of relief. Thank the stars.

    Marine blinked and pouted like a spoiled child. "Why not..?"

   Taylor furrowed his brows as his lips bent into a line. "I have to go. Come on Matt." He turned. "I'll see you around Marine."

   Matthieu felt a chill as they walked away from her...