Kabanata 21

Kabanata 21

A year has passed and it was not good for us.

Alina went missing. Larkin was devastated... me too. Losing my best friend was not a nice idea. There's a hollow pit in my stomach everytime I would be alone. Astro is focusing on his training. Kahit na informal training pa lang nila ay pinapahirapan na sila ng mga Seniors kaya hindi na kami ganoon nagkikita.

Alina's mom died. Hindi niya kami kinausap no'n. She was mourning and we respect that. We gave her time and space but... I think it's not enough for her that she ended up leaving this place. Alam kong masakit sa parte niyang mawalan ng magulang. To think na si Tita Adeline na lang ang nag-iisang pamilya nito pero kinuha pa.

Stress pa nga ako noon no'ng nanliligaw si Larkin sa kanya. Alina... really. That girl brings smile to my face whenever I remember her reason why he wouldn't let my Kuya Nathanielle court her.

I get her point and I'm not even disappointed that she turned down my Kuya's offer. Hindi naman niya pinaasa si Kuya Nathanielle. Sinabi niya ang totoong nararamdaman kaya walang nasaktan sa dalawa.

She was only hurt by Larkin. She thinks Larkin is way too good for her. In addition to Larkin's Mom went in between of the line, that's when everything got mixed up.

I can still remember my parent's wedding anniversary that was being held in our house when I was in Grade 7. When me and the three first met, the Senyora asked for Tita Adeline. 'Yun pala ay dating nobya ito ng Papa ni Larkin.

Kinwento ni Mama Ada sa akin ang nangyari sa dalawa. It always leaves my heart hollow after thinking about it.

"Si Adeline, siya iyon nobya ni Leonelle, Papa ni Larkin," sabi ni Mama Ada habang hinahagod ang buhok ko.

Nasa kama kami ngayon, pinapatulog niya ako. I seek for her help to help me sleep. Hindi naging maganda ang mga nagdaang araw sa aming lahat. Lahat kami naapektuhan. I can't cope up with this so easily.

We are all shocked. While people are busy shouting and everyone is having fun while they sway their body to the beat of the song, while the people are putting their hands up in the air and feeling the music, Alina was in shock while everyone was having fun.

Everyone was having fun while the cement land was covered by the reverberating beat of the band in front.

She got a call from one of our maid's that her Mom died, that Tita Adeline died. We hastily went to Negros that day. Pinabayaan namin ang mga gamit at agad na bumili ng ticket for the fast craft boat.

Alina didn't talk to anyone of us. Kahit na si Larkin. I can feel her pain kahit na hindi ako ang nawalan. Mas lalong dumagdag sa problema si Kara. Gusto ko siyang sabunutan but Astro was preventing me from doing it. Si Matthan lang siguro ang nagpapakita ng sama ng loob kay Kara.

Kahit na ako na kaibigan niya ay hindi nito mapag kwentuhan ng problema niya. There are too many maybes in my head. I don't want to think about it, baka saan lang makarating.

"Adeline was working at the Lacson's Mansion when he met Leonelle. Ask the people in this place and I bet they all knew their love story," Mama Ada said and it was followed by a small and calculating laugh.

"Katulad din ng kay Alina at Larkin ang kuwento nila. Leonelle also went here every summer. Sa iilang anak ng Senyora, tanging si Leonelle lang ang bumisita rito. Kaya tuwing summer lang sila nagkikita ni Adeline. Until one time, Leonelle didn't come here for two years. Matanda na rin kami no'n. I think your Kuya Nathanielle was already born that time."

"Leonelle built the house in the middle of their land for Adeline. We all think that their love is that deep that he even built her a house. Hindi ko alam ang totoong nangyari sa dalawa. But, some would say that Leonelle has a baby in Iloilo. That was the rumor. And they would say it was a girl. Adeline went to Senyora Lana to confirm what's going on with Leonelle in Iloilo. Hindi naitago ng matanda ang pagkadismaya sa mukha nito. She was always rooting for her son and Adeline to end up with. Faith played them so well. And Cupid," Mama Ada paused for a laughter. "Wrongly shot his arrow at someone else."