Swords and Magic

Just another day at the dojo and the gang were doing their warm up stretches when Jerry ran in panicking. "Guys, huge problem. Kelsey Vargas, the coolest girl in school is on her way down here."

"Don't panic, we've trained for this. Guys, bust out the emergency deodorant." Jack commanded, the guys scattering. Kim and Asa rolled their eyes.

Jerry, surprisingly enough, was the only guy who didn't go straight for the deodorant. "I don't need deodorant."

"We all need deodorant. We're teenage boys. Our bodies are a smorgasbord of smells." Milton says lathering his pits.

"I don't take any chances. I'm wearing a necklace of air fresheners right now," Eddie chirps pulling out his necklace from under his shirt. He deeply inhales and with a smile, "This week I'm Alpine Meadow."

"I told Kelsey I was a martial arts expert and the youngest sensei in history."

Asa doesn't bother holding back a sarcastic laugh. "Did your mother never teach you about telling the truth?"

"Rudy!" Jerry exclaims when he's handed a sparing helmet by the sensei. "Kelsey's on her way! Dude, please hook me up with that black belt."

"You can't have this belt. It's a symbol of hard work, honor and respect," Rudy proudly states.

"Well then why do you use it to walk your dog?" Jack questioned.

"That was one time and it was an emergency. I had a pug with the squirts and new white carpet." Jack grimaced. "Look can we stop talking and get to sparing please? Jerry you're up against Kim, Milton you're with Asa and Eddie you're with Jack."

"Jack?!" Eddie cried out. Jack performed a series of moves making Eddie's life flash before his eyes. "Uh, hold on! My phone's vibrating. You know I hate to be that guy. Hello?"

"You mean the guy who pretends his wallet is a phone?"

"Please, shh!" He shushed him walking away with his wallet still up to his ear. "Can you hear me now?"

"Come on, guys, let's go!" Rudy clapped his hands.

They didn't get very far in when Kelsey entered with hands on her hips, easily unpersuaded by Jerry's lie. "Hi Jerry."

Jerry spun around to face her. Giving an awkward greeting, "Kelsey! What a surprise."

"So these are your students that fear and respect you?"

He faked a proud look with Kim behind him playing along. "Yes. We are. I'm about to fear and respect the living grits outta him right now."

Jerry turned around panicking again. "Oh no. Not my grits! I'm gonna need my grits!"

Kim twisted his arm back, flipping him to the floor. Jack and Milton cringed back with Asa kneeling down to his level. "You all good there, sensei?"

He picked himself off the floor dizzy, stumbling around. "Yeah, I'd say you've got that move down pretty well," he stumbles, letting the whole sensei act fall apart. "You guys take a five, Kelsey and I are gonna get a froyo. Come on, Kelsey."

Kelsey didn't even seem to mind about his lie but more amused. Her offered arm was denied when Jerry wrapped an arm around Rudy instead, leading them out.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Eddie, Kim and Jack were chilling out on one of the school's benches when Jerry sourly descends down the steps. "Hey, thanks a lot, Kim! You cost me a date with the coolest girl in school."

"What are you gonna do, sensei? Throw me outta the dojo?" Kim mocked.

"Kim, in the future, let's respect Jerry enough to not embarrass him in front of girls he's lying to." Jack said.