Chapter 2: You Again!?

I wake up. I yawn and stretch. I look around my room and good, that guy didn't bother to try to break in again. I look at the time. 8:48..... I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK! I quickly do my stuff in the bathroom and change into my work uniform. (White button-up with red suspenders and black pants). I put on my glasses and mentally prepare.

          If I'm late again, my boss is going to kill me. You know what? Forget breakfast. Just run. Run as fast as I possibly can. I bolt out of my house and to my job. I work at the SPW Foundation. We just do a bunch of sciency stuff. It pays a lot for a fun job. I work in the robotics section. We sometimes create robots for the sole purpose of having fights. We all bet and then whoever wins gets the money. I've won 3 times in a row believe it or not. My brand new Hierophant never loses.

          I make it to work before I get killed. Thank my mom for making me have a lot of stamina and quick feet. I enter the room where all the magic happens and sit down at my desk. "Hey, Noriaki!" My best friend, Polnareff shouts. I turn around and wave. "I heard a rumor that we're getting someone new." He says. I raise my eyebrow. "Really?" I ask. He nods.

          I wonder what kind of robot this new kid will make? Polnareff goes back to his desk. The door opens revealing my boss. "Guys, we have a new guy joining us. His name is Jotaro Kujo." He says and reveals a man... THAT'S THE GUY WHO TRIED TO BREAK INTO MY HOUSE! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!? Jotaro coughs. "Um, it's nice to meet you." He says. We make eye contact again. He quickly looks away. 

          Oh great, I just made the realization that the only seat available is next to me. I mentally groan. I turn to my computer screen and work on a project. You see, the SPW Foundation has ties with the government. They ask for stuff and we give them it. I'm working on something big. It's a robot that plants trees. We have a big deforestation problem here. 

          I hear Jotaro sit next to me. "Sorry about last night." He whispers to me. I 'tsk'. "You really should know better," I whisper back. "I was trying to hide from an old enemy of mine." He whispers. "Oh, well, you could have just hidden in my backyard. Not try to break into my room." I sigh. "Anyway, welcome to the SPW Foundation. We sometimes make robots and have fights. We bet and I'm sure you know how betting goes." I add. Jotaro nods. "Sounds like fun." He says. "It is. I have a challenge for you. I'll give you my next paycheck if you can beat my Hierophant." I say.

          He smirks. "Challenge accepted." He says and gets to work. A new competitor has entered the arena. Nice. I was starting to get bored here. "Noriaki! I made a new modification to Silver Chariot!" Polnareff shouts. "Oh yeah? What is it?" I ask. "It can now move a lot faster. Probably faster than you running here when you're late." Polnareff jokes. I groan. "Not funny, Pol," I say.

          The rest of the day was just Jotaro, Pol, and I conversing and giving each other ideas. It's not a bad day. I finally go to bed and sleep. Can't wait to see what Jotaro has in store for Hierophant.