Chapter 29: What Happened?

Suho's POV:

I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading my nostrils. I looked around my surroundings and realized that I was in a hospital room.

"What? Why am I here?" I wondered. I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. The last thing I could remember was getting hit in the head with a basketball during gym.

"Who brought me here?" I pondered, but my question was soon answered when I turned my head and saw Seojun sleeping in a chair beside my hospital bed. I gave him a little nudge, trying to wake him up.

"Suho?" He mumbled as he blinked his eyes open and yawned a bit.

"What time is it?" I asked Seojun. I watched as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and tapped the screen.

"It's 7pm," he replied.

"Wait what!?" I exclaimed, shocked and confused. I'd been out cold for that long?!

"Yah...you must've got hit pretty hard in the head because you blacked out on the gym floor and weren't waking up. I carried you to the nurse's office and she called 911 to bring you to the hospital," Seojun explained, and I couldn't help but blush a bit at the thought of Seojun carrying me.

"Y-you carried me?" I stuttered as I averted my gaze to the floor, allowing my bangs to fall over my reddening face.

"Mhm," Seojun hummed, smirking a bit once he noticed that I was blushing.

"Well thank you," I said as I gave him a shy smile, and he nodded in response.

"I should go get the doctor, I'll be right back," Seojun said as he got up and left my hospital room. A few minutes later he came walking back into the room with the doctor.

"Ah, you're awake. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked me.

"Um...well my head hurts a lot and I feel kind of tired," I shrugged.

"Okay, well luckily your symptoms don't seem to be too bad. You have a mild concussion, and I'm going to have to prescribe you with some pain killers," the doctor told me.

"Am I allowed to go to school?" I asked the doctor as I sat up a bit on the hospital bed.

"Yes, you can go to school but you can't attend your gym class for two weeks, and you'll have a few medical checkups throughout this month just to see if your symptoms get any worse," he explained to me.

"Okay..." I sighed as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back onto my pillow.

"Is he allowed to go home today?" I heard Seojun ask the doctor.

"Yes but if his headaches get worse then he should call the hospital right away," he informed us.

"I'm going to give you a quick little check up right now and once I'm done you're free to head home," the doctor then said as he picked up a thermometer from off of a counter and walked over to where I was laying on the bed. I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed, and the doctor then checked my temperature. Afterwards he used a stethoscope to check my heart beat and used another tool to look in my eyes, ears, nose, and throat.

"Well you're all good to go now. Don't forget to pick up your medicine from your pharmacy," the doctor said before waving goodbye to us and leaving the room.

Once I stood up dizziness overcame my body and I felt a bit light headed. Seojun must've noticed because he held my arm and steadied my body.

"You alright?" He asked me with concern laced into his voice.

"Mhm," I hummed in response.

We both then exited the hospital and Seojun called his mom to come pick us up.

"She's here," Seojun told me once he saw his mom's car pull up to the front of the building. We both entered the car and sat in the backseat together.

"Where's your house sweetheart?" Seojun's mom asked me, and after I told her my address she began driving in the direction of my house.

"Thank you," I said once we arrived at my house.

"See you tomorrow," Seojun said as he grinned at me, and I smiled back before getting out of the car and walking into my house. It was silent which meant that my dad wasn't home yet. Once I was in my room I laid down on my bed and fell asleep, allowing my body to rest. I made a mental note to pick up my medicine from the pharmacy sometime tomorrow.