His Final Moments

A/N: Credit for the pics go to the rightful owner.

........................................

"Shijie…"

On that dark night, standing in middle of the battlefield he lost the last remains of his sanity as he saw the person who loved him most in the world, the one person who never judged him for the choices he made, the person who never abominated him, the person he loved most in the world, his senior sister died in front of him, died for him. 

In that moment his life became meaningless to him. In that moment he questioned the choices he made. He saw his brother crying holding the lifeless body of their beloved sister. "Was it worth?" He asked himself. Did all the choices he made, were they really right? The fight he fought, was it worth? Maybe his foster mother was right, maybe it all happened because of him. All the people who loved him, cared for him, eventually died because of him. 

But he never wanted any of that to happen. He never wanted them to die. All he wanted to do is stand for the right, fight the evil and save the innocent. And he sacrificed everything he had for that, he left his home, his clan, he stood against the whole world, he stood against his brother and he stood against the only friend he thought he had, the person whom he thought his soulmate for this life. 

And where did all that led him to? To this battle field where he lost the most treasured person of his life. So why should he live anymore? What purpose did he have left? Even the people he was fighting for were gone. He had nothing left and so he decided he would end it. He would end it all, this fight, his lethal weapon and His Life, well if he really had any life. Because his life was over the moment his Shijie died and now all that is left is an empty shell and he will destroy it. 

With all these thoughts he flew to the highest peak of the Nightless City and summoned his lethal weapon, Yin Tiger Seal, with full intention to destroy it. As soon as the weapon came to the view, he saw most of the people in the battlefield had moved their attention to it. Their eyes shone with greed as they fought amongst themselves to get it, making him laugh at the irony of the situation, the hypocrisy of those people. They all abominated him, slandered his character because of this same weapon and now they all wanted it. 

So he laughed, a laugh now has ever seen on his handsome face, a bitter laugh with a lone tear leaving his eye but no one noticed it, no one cared for his pain, his misery

Oh! If only he knew how wrong he was!

He destroyed it, destroyed his lethal weapon. Then with one last look at the bloodied battlefield, he closed his eyes and took back steps. Determined to destroy his wretched life, he let himself fall from that cliff and waited for death to engulf him in it's cold embrace. 

But he didn't fall. Something or rather someone broke his fall by holding his hand. He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a bloodied hand. He raised his eyes more to find who is the owner of that hand.