chapter 5-

Gonna try and start updating more often. I'm sorry for the serious lack of updates, shit has went down for me in the past year lmao.

I was faced with a beautiful woman, looking as if she had an urgent matter to tell me; she was speaking fervently, yet I was having problems tuning in. Finally, her words seemed to start to soak in, as I began to become more grounded and aware in my environment.

"(Y/N)!" The woman said, frustrated and in a hurry to relay some sort of message. "Your powers, you've seen them before. You need to know that all of this is real. I don't have much time to explain, I'm not allowed to be here," the woman said.

After a moment, realization dawned on me- that woman was my mother.

"How?" I managed to ask, staring over at her in surprise. In my dazed state, I wasn't fully realizing that this was only a dream; I thought I had my mother back, though I knew deep down that this wasn't true.

"(Y/N), your powers... they'll be a great help to the ninja. But you can't force them to show themselves. Don't get discouraged if they don't show up right away. If you try and force them out, they'll hide." She told me, making my brows furrow in confusion.

"Okay, yeah, don't try and force my powers because they'll hide. Got that. But what ARE my powers?" I asked urgently, seeing things start to become more bleak as my dream state faded away.

"You've used them before, (Y/N), whether you realize it or not; they aided you in being a particularly mischievous child." My mother said with a knowing smile, before the dream state faded.

I shot up in my bed, spluttering and coughing for breath. "Nya!" I shouted indignantly, swatting at the water ninja with furrowed brows as she laughed.

"You slept through an alarm, slept through me drawing the curtains and turning on the lights, then you slept through me yelling. Are you always this heavy of a sleeper?" She asked, having had to wake you up like this twice now.

Rolling my eyes, I sat up and shook the water off of myself. "No, not usually. But the past two times I've slept, I've had weird dreams where people have been talking to me. Real people." I mumbled as I picked out clothes to wear, and headed to the bathroom before Nya could ask any more about it.

--

Soon enough, Nya and I had met the boys and Wu up on the training deck. We started out doing some basic warm ups; jumping Jack's, push-ups, burpees, then laps. I was already winded after an hour, but of course, it persisted; they started to train me on things like forms and kicks, and even let me try out some different weapons.

We ended up  going to breakfast around 8, all of us filing to the kitchen together. Everyone joked and laughed as we walked, as I onlooked with an already fond smile at the group.

"God, I'm starving! We normally have breakfast at 7," Jay complained, and I didn't fail to notice the pointed look that Lloyd sent his way, as if telling him to shut the hell up.

"Yeah, but greenbean decided that you needed to go ahead and learn forms and try out weapons this morning instead of waiting until after lunch." Cole complained as well. "Morning fitness is supposed to just be fitness. Training is for after lunch," he mumbled.

Lloyd rolled his eyes, his face flushing a bit as I laughed. Lloyd had taken it into his own hands to extend training time, hadn't even told me, and hadn't asked the opinions of the team.

"Sorry, I was too excited to wait. That one was my bad, guys," you defended Lloyd, already able to tell that they were hard on the young sensei-in-training in the most loving way.

"It's good to have somebody that is excited to start training. Remember when Kai first started, he didn't want to be a ninja; he was just here to help save Nya," Zane mused, as we sat at the table.

Breakfast was full of laughter, and old stories of the ninja when they first started training and joined the team. It was good to hear how everybody else was when they first arrived here; no one else had really known what they were doing either, and that was reassuring.

It was fun, sitting there and telling stories and sharing laughs with them all.

Already, they felt like family; this felt like home.

Word count: 777