Intro- A Rude Awakening

Rocking.
I'm rocking back and forth.
I can hear the soft chatter of birds chirping and water lapping against a hard surface.
The air smells like freshly mown grass and cherry blossoms, and the softly blowing wind tickles my face as I allow myself to rock.
How peaceful. It's honestly pretty nice. But still, something doesn't feel right.
Where Am I?
Am I on a boat?

Sighing, I open my eyes and looked around a bit.
And just as I expected, I'm on a boat.
Why am I even here? I shouldn't be here, I don't remember how I got here, and that's probably a bad sign. But this place just made me feel way too inclined to be peaceful to really even worry about any of that. I felt more calm than ever.

My confusion soon turns into a soft smile as I yawn, stretching my arms a bit.
Who cares, honestly? It's so nice and peaceful out here. And even though I know that I should feel alarmed, I feel much too peaceful and relaxed, as if this is all right.

Sitting up a bit to take in my surroundings, I once again grow alarmed as I see an old man with a long white beard, that I would almost describe as snake-like. He simply smiles, sitting there with a fishing rod. I blink hard, rubbing my eyes. The man turns his head to me, smiling gently.

"Don't be alarmed, young (y/n)," the old man said calmly, a gentle smile on his face. He seems so peaceful, so kind.

I gape studpidly, silently staring over at the old man. I feel so shocked, but I somehow don't feel concerned. This place just makes me calm. After a moment, I ask a meek-sounding "Who are you? Where am I?"

The man gives a soft chuckle at my questions, a knowing twinkle in his eyes. I would honestly describe it as mischevious, in a way.
"I am Sesei Wu. And you, (y/n), are dreaming." he says, still holding that same calm gaze and smile.

"I guess that makes sense. It's too calm here to be real life," I say calmly,  finding myself feeling a bit disappointed as my peace was ruined. 

After that, we sit in silence for a few minutes, the old man waiting patiently for a fish to tug.

"Ah," He suddenly says as he feels a tug, standing up and gesturing for me to stand as well, which I calmly do so.
Soon, he had reeled something in; an alarm clock, which was going off. I furrow my brows as I watch, confused and oddly interested.
"Looks like our time here is up, Ms./Mr (Y/N)." he says, taking a step towards me. "But don't fret, you'll be seeing more of me when you wake." the man speaks calmly.
I frown, furrowing my brows a bit. "What do you mean? I thought I was dre-"

But next, I feel hands on my back, as I am submerged into cold water.

---

I shrieked, waking up with a start.
The old bat pushed me in! And I had trusted him!
Ugh, how rude.

I quickly sat up, hearing a few shouts of surprise and protest at my quick movements. As my sleepy vision focussed, my jaws dropped.
The ninja. They were right infront of me.

Suddenly seeing the ninja infront of me, something clicked. What happens in your dreams doesn't affect your real life. The boat, the old man, the water... I was on the ninjas boat. That's why I felt rocking. But who was the old man? And the water? I was soaked in real life, even after I woke up. Not normal, for sure. Then I suddenly remembered a certain ninja. I glanced to the water ninja, glowering.
"You just doused me with water!" I huffed, standing. "And why the hell am I here, anyways?" I then asked, throwing my arms up into the air.

A few of the ninja, mostly the earth and water ninjas, looked a bit defensive, as if they didn't trust me at all.
"Hey, you're not the one who woke up soaked in a strange place, you don't have to get all defensive on me." I murmured sarcastically and gave a soft huff.
"I want to know what I'm doing here, now." I stated, surprisingly demanding and bold to be standing infront of ninjago's saviors.
The green ninja, seemingly amused with me, gave a soft smile.
"My uncle seems to think we need you." The one in green said with gentle, calm voice.

"And that, perhaps, you need us." The old man from my dreams said before I could respond, as he stepped into the room with a knowing smile.
"Please, (y/n), follow me." the man said, beginning to walk out of the room. I stared, mouth ajar, as the green ninja chuckled and urged me forwards.

"He surprised me too at first. But I've learned to never question him. Just trust him, (y/n), he's only trying to help." he said in a gentle voice.

"Don't argue too much, he'll use that staff on your head!" Jay whispered not-so-quietly as I passed, earning a few eyerolls from the others. Normally that would have made me laugh, but I was perplexed. This man was just in my dreams. How was he here?

"Jay's only kidding. He just wants to talk to you," The water ninja then said, as the green one began to nudge me again.

After a moment, I nodded and began to follow the old man down a long wooden hallway. We soon stopped at a room with a low table, cushions sat around it. Beautiful tea cups were sat on a glimmering silver tray, which made me softly smile. The man walked over, sitting down on one side, placing a tea cup down for each of us.
"Tea?" he asked as I sat. I gently nodded, at a loss for words.

"We have much to discuss. I only ask that you trust me." he said as he poured me some tea.

I was begining to think that this man knew more than I originally thought.

A/n:
Thanks for reading!
I'm excited for this book, so keep updated!
Words (always counted before A/N): 1,036