CHAPTER ONE

Hero. There is no such thing. One person simply can't have no flaws. Every human is riddled with sins, a disease they will never get rid of. Blood on their hands that they just can't wash off. A perfect hero could never be found. Yet again some people are lucky for their mistakes to go unnoticed. I wonder what that's like. What it's like to be idolised by the world. How they see you as a protector when you even fail to not make any mistakes. Failure. It seems like it would be such an alien feeling to the so-called hero's.

Don't get me started on the ones who pretend to be the hero. Don't get me started on him.

~ New York, 2012 ~

As i stood high upon the building where the sacred tesseract was hidden, i stared down at the chaos me and loki - the god of mischief - had created. It felt good. Watching the infamous avengers struggle below me - below us and our power. A beautiful mess. Wind ruffled my deep brown hair around, entwining hair strands between each other. Twisting and spinning the daggers in my hand, i walked around the tower. Protecting at all cost.

Frequently i was broadcasted upon new york billboards. I was a wanted assassin. I hadn't always been reckless, i was once a "little miss perfect". Now after being branded by Hydra a failed experiment, i was cut from the strings of Hydra. No longer was i their puppet. Yet i find myself always questioning, why i still seek approval? My mind still keeps me up at night. the pain and torture they put me through. brainwashed me into thinking i was a monster. I mean they aren't wrong. Just now the world knows the monsters name - Loralei Koa.

So here i am brainwashed again, this time by Loki and his mischievous ways. Defending him with my all - like the warrior i was trained to be.

Gazing at the massacre below me, fast footsteps came charging from behind. Quickly, i turned on my heel grasping the new attacker by the neck. After my reflex, i noticed the redheaded. Natasha Romanoff. Smiling at her struggling under my grip, i aggressively threw the her onto the floor.

"I do apologise raggedy anne but i have a job to do" gracefully i stepped over Natasha's body, "now if you would excuse me"

Suddenly i felt a forceful kick to my back. Hitting the ground i tucked and rolled back to my feet. Without hesitation, my hands went to my hips gripping the daggers. I launched my right dagger at her. However, luckily for the widow herself she jumped out of the way. I felt a strong arm wrap around my throat. Trying to wriggle my way out, it got tighter.

"i'll take her! you destroy that!" A deep voice sounded from behind me. Natasha walked over to the tesseract, i couldn't hold my laugh. Did they honestly believe they could just destroy it with no effort at all. Reaching into her pocket, natasha brought out a bomb.

"i wouldn't do that if i was you!" I shouted, she turned her gaze to me and gave me a questioning look. "Let me go and i will tell you how to destroy it"

Natasha signaled for the person to let me go. As i turned i seen who had me held - thor, lokis brother. If only they were as smart as him. I then ran to the edge of the building, before turning to face them. "I thought hero's were meant to be smart, too bad." Smirking at them, i dropped backwards off the building.

Half way through the fall, i stabbed my dagger into the building tearing through the wall. When i hit the ground i made my way to a car. Grand theft auto comes in handy sometimes i thought. After hot wiring the car i put my foot down and sped off. No way was i getting caught by the government, i had lived my life held captive to someone's orders.

I had heard of a place for for people claimed to be gone. Madripoor. If i can find it - if it's even real - it may be the perfect place to hide.

~ Madripoor, 2016 ~