Chapter 1

Ashwath POV:

"Bollywood's charming lover boy has turned a law breaker, guessing who it might be! Our Charming Star, Ashwath Arora" the news reader said it very interesting and the breaking news had no break since last half an hour. I know sirf ye media ko news dene wala chahiye, and I will always do that.

"Ashwath" I heard him shouting down. Of course I was expecting him, after all itne saal main wahi ek dost hai mera, jisne police ko paise deke mere ye drunk and drive business ko close karna chahta tha, but it was too late this time Sid. I don't know whether to call Sid my best friend or the deadliest enemy. He hates me but still wants to protect me. Bhai behen ek hi jaise hai, how soothing it is to think about you Meera.

"Ashwath" he called yet again and I decided to face him. "Kya kiya tumne!" he asked me. What kind of silly questions do humans ask! If he doesn't know what I have done, why did he come here? But yeah I should answer his question, warna bura maan jayega. "Kal raat drunk and drive mein police ne mujhe pakad liya" I said as innocent as I could be, because he doesn't like being mannerless. "Aunty aap kuch bol kyu nahi rahi!" God, why is he involving mom in this!

"What should I tell him Sid, he doesn't even hear what we say" my mom needed a reason to taunt me. "That's near impossible Sid, we can't handle him" my sister added fuel to the fire. I hate to say that none of them in my family support me. Oh yeah I forgot my favorite Aarav, my little nephew. He is of course the son of my sister but I raised him like my own. He is just 5 years old now, if I was lucky enough he would have a sister or brother of about 3 years by now. "How could you give up on him aunty?" Sid started again. "Jab se wo mar gayi tab se ye humara baat sunta hi nahi" my mom said. Enough I cannot take it anymore. "Mom, why do you blame Meera for my actions? She is never at fault" I didn't intentionally shout at her but I can't take it if someone talks low about my Meera.

Meera has faced a lot because of me. She felt insulted, disrespected and humiliated because of me. I never gave her the respect she deserved. She even threw the mangalsutra at me before she left. She didn't even left the symbol of our marriage but she left the world with the symbol of our love, my baby. It was only after death I realised that she was pregnant with my baby. I didn't even get to see her dead body, I feel I'm the most unluckiest in this whole wide world.

"Aunty, please Meera ko kuch mat kahiye, it was all his fault" Sid said. How could I forgot to tell you that Sid considered Meera as his sister. He still doesn't like me because of Meera's death but he is right so I don't have anything against him. Looks like their banter will continue and I decided to move out from here. "Why do you go out when we are talking about you?" Sid stopped me. I didn't answer. "Mujhe kuch nahi kehna hai Sid, please let me go" I said to dismiss the discussion but he didn't seem to. He dragged me out of the house. "If you are really mourning over your wife's death, you should have been depression, you should have felt low but you! You are behaving like there's no one superior to you, you have become arrogant" he said. "Where is that Ashwath who was so calm, cool and composed. You were always in the ideal man mode, I can't see you like this. I definitely wanted to kick the shit out of you but still I'm talking to you God knows why! But if Meera was here, she would have expected the same from me" Sid remembered those days he spent with Meera. He also regrets her death. He didn't believe anything Meera told against me before her death.

"Ok, what you want me to do?" I gave up finally. "I'm getting married" he said the best news. I'm genuinely happy for him. "When?" I asked. "Next month" he replied. "Congratulations! And all the very best, mera wishes humesha tera saath rahega" I said. "My wedding is in Sydney and I want you to come there" he said. I didn't expect this from him. I mean how could I go there. No, I don't want to go. I have told him clearly. "You have no option Ashwath, I already told aunty and Shilpa about it. They agreed to come. I thought you will come next month along with them but I see that you need to change your place now, so you're coming with me. Get ready, we're leaving tonight" Sid said. "No, I'm not coming" I shouted aloud as he already went out of my sight. How could he decide something for me. No I won't go.