Chapter 2

Ashwath's POV:

It was long time ago we both had really seen each other. Hi, I simply said to her. We went inside and sat. There comes this boy who is probably 3 years old. "Mommy" he called Siya in an English accent. Siya took him to arms and introduced us as her friends. He waved hands at both of us. Joe came there to meet us. Joe is Siya's husband, he lost his limbs in an accident and was permanently stuck in the wheel chair. Siya got juice for all of us. "Ashwath, can we talk?" Siya said suddenly. "Sure" I excused myself as Sid and Joe were looking at me. "How are you?" she asked causally.

She talked before I could answer her. "I know what you were doing in India, and that is the reason you are here now" she said. "Did you ask Sid to get me here?" I didn't expect it. "Of course, I had to do it, you are destructing yourself, I had been in constant touch with aunty and Shilpa, they are worried about you, and guess what! Tumhara drunk and drive ke baare mein mujhe Vikrant se pata chala!" Siya paused. "Vikrant tumhara bhai tha, isliye main usse kuch nahi keh paya, but what he did was wrong" I said sternly. I remember clearly how he humiliated Meera.

"Wo mera bhai hai, and it justifies what he did. Whatever he did was just to comfort me, uska tareeqe galat tha but intentions nahi" Siya, as always has Vikrant's back. I wish my sister Shilpa also supported me in the same way, but no she always found faults with me. "Answer me Ashwath, you're clearly escaping from the situation. Tumhara life sirf tumhara nahi hai, tumhara fans tumhare liye wait kar raha hai, pichle 1 saal mein not even one blockbuster, blockbuster dhoor ki baat hai, ek decent hit bhi nahi hai, aisa hi hai tho tumhara career khatam ho jayega. Apart from that, you're a son, a brother, a friend and we all want to see you the way you were before" she said angrily.

"I should have been a husband and a father, if she was with me" I sighed. "Past ko bhul jao Ashwath, Meera mar chuki hai, she is your past, kitna bhi zid karo wo kabhi wapas nahi aayegi, and don't blame yourself for her death" Siya said. "No, I don't blame myself for that, tumhe ache se pata hai whom I have to blame" I cleared her misconception. "Ok, put it aside, I want you to be normal again, please" she said not giving up. "Kya normal hoga! You married Joe because we didn't marry, you were in fact stubborn to get married to him" I asked her. "Who said I married Joe to avoid you, I have married him because I love him" Siya said. "Confidently bolne sach badal nahi jaata, you loved a married man, divorcee and a handicapped man! Even after knowing that you can never have your own children with him, utter stupidity" I always had it in my mind to ask it and today I could ask her finally.

"Ye sab mujhe shaadi se pehle pata hai, and I accepted him with all my heart. And you have nothing to say in this" she said shortly. "So you have nothing to say in between me and Meera" I snapped at her. "At least main khush tho hu Joe ke saath, tumhare tarah regret and guilt mein nahi" she left saying this. We came back to the hall. Siya showed us a room to get freshened up. Me and Sid went inside.

"Kya baat kiya Siya se?" God! He is again ready with his questions. Iske sawaal kabhi khatam hoga hi nahi. "Unlike you, she quickly understood what I wanted to say, to just avoid what I'm doing" I said to him. "Whatever others say you are going to ignore anyway" Sid seemed to be pissed off. "Hum kal jaa rahe hai na!" I wanted to clarify as I don't trust him anymore. "Sure, Siya must be already done with you" he murmured and went to sleep. I woke up early and came out. It was a pleasant morning. Nobody seems to be up at this hour. I thought of going out for a walk but then saw Siya coming out of the kitchen. "Did you sleep well?" she asked. "Yeah!" I said casually. "How! You never have a sound sleep in a new place!" she still remember about me. "Actually I tried to sleep but couldn't" I accepted.

"And how's everything going on?" she asked as she offered coffee. I sipped it. "Umm.. Coffee bahut achi bani hai" I must really compliment her as she doesn't know how to make a coffee before. "Joe ne sikhaya hai, he loves coffee and it's his recipe" she said. The little boy blinked his eyes as he saw Siya. "Mumma" he said in little words. "Bachcha bahut hi pyara hai!" I said as I took him to my arms but he struggled to go to her. "He doesn't get to see anyone other than me and Joe, so he never goes to others" she explained. Joe came out a while after she called him. Joe asked me about my films and I know how passionate was he about it. Joe was a film director by profession but he went into depression after his accident. He was completely bedridden for almost an year. Then his divorce made his health worse.