Prologue│00

_____________

_____________

"I'm just the side character to everyone else's story..."

  You were an odd one. A daisy in a field of roses they'd say, well, at least the people that noticed you would...

  In this world, you were practically invisible. You've always compared yourself to a side character. You'd interact with someone like they would interact with the main protagonist and once you leave, you are forgotten just like they are forgotten by the protagonist and viewers alike.

  No one knew about you. Literally.

  No one.

  Well, everyone except for that one old lady that lived below you.

  She had always been kind to you, almost like the guardian you never thought you'd have. Most of the time she would come up to bring you some bento which resulted in you having to help her up the stairs. She would teach you how to cook and even buy you electronics.

  You've always wondered how she could afford this kind of stuff. Turned out she was a pro hero.

  Recovery Girl.

  That was her hero name. You were to surprised to find out about this telling how old she was, but she certainly wasn't frail. She was the only one who knew about your quirk, Physical Illusions.

  The name itself is pretty self-explanatory, it allows you to make illusions that affect the physical world. For example, if you made the illusion of a building on fire, then it would actually affect the building and the people in it, except it's really just an illusion.

  But when you think about it, it's really like a double-edged sword. Although it could affect the physical world, you couldn't control what it affected. Let's add to the first example of your quirk. If the building was on fire, but there was someone in there that you didn't want to be harmed, you couldn't control whether the fire would burn them or not.

  And then in the end another loved one of yours would die.

  See?

  A double-edged sword.

  Recovery Girl has always said that you had a powerful quirk. Many times she had urged you to attend UA, positive that you would get into the Hero Course, but every time you would decline.

  Unlike most heroes and villains, your morality was gray. You didn't believe in evil or good, or villains and heroes, even if they did exist. To you, those were just titles, or in other words:

  Bullshit.

  You believed that everyone in this world was bad or good in their own way.