Tears

***Annabeth's POV***

I walk into school and everything's great. Go to chemistry, things get better. (Percy was my partner...) Everything is going fine. I just hope lunch is as good.

I carry my tray over to a table. I glance over at Percy. And leaning on his shoulder is.... Rachel!? No. No. No! This can't be happening! I feel tears build up inside me. I've had practice keeping them in... I can hold it in... Rachel tries to feed Percy a fry. My heart isn't shattering or anything. He kisses her on the forehead. Everything fine! It doesn't matter! It's just a boy... They start kissing for real. The tears I'm holding in start to seep out. I rush to the bathroom.

***Piper's POV***

I sit outside the girl's bathroom for lunch as usual. I glance at the end of the hallway after hearing footsteps. It's girl. I take a closer look but she's.. crying..? She notices me and stops dead in her tracks. I give a wry smile. "Welcome to the loser club." I joke. She just breaks down even more. Crap. "Sorry." I shyly mutter. "My name's Piper! Uhhhh... What's yours...?" I ask trying to break the everlasting ice. She sniffles and says, "Annabeth." I nod. Her tears won't stop so I offer a hug. She embraces it then sees my arm. Oh no.

***Annabeth's POV***

I leave Piper's embrace. Scars... Scars lined up her arm... "P-piper..." I whisper. "They're nothing." she says putting on her sweatshirt. "No they're not! WHY would you do that to yourself?!" I say in a frenzy. "You wouldn't get it..." she mumbles. "There's no excuse! Hurting yourself like th-" I start. "YOU WOULDNT GET IT I SAID! You wouldn't know how much pain I felt! I did what I had to to get rid of the monsters inside!" Piper screams tears running down her face. I step away.

***Piper's POV***

I drop to the ground and sob. It was last night. I was on Facebook. And... And it wouldn't stop! All the hate! I couldn't deal with myself and.... I cut myself. I figured no one would know...

I wipe off my tears and run away, my braid flowing behind me. Through the corner of my eye I see Annabeth's hand begging me to stay. But I sure as hell won't.