1

Song: Away From The Sun by 3 Doors Down

I was in the kitchen of the restaurant that I work at, looking at the new schedule for next week. It's not a bad schedule, but who is this Harry guy?

I walked back to the front of the restaurant wondering who this new guy was and what he would be like. Apparently he was working with me and Nicole tonight, so I guess I'll find out tonight.

"Hey Nicole, do you know anything about the new guy Harry?" I asked.

"Uhh.. whats the last name?" She asked.

"Hemmings.. I think."

"Harry Styles?"

"Yea..."

"Dude! I know him. We used to go to school together and we were like really close."

"So you know him?"

"Yea, but steer clear of him. When we were friends, from what I remember, he wasn't very respectful of girls. Maybe he changed, but thats how he was."

I gave her a weird look. "I wasn't going to go after him, Nicole."

"Oh yea, right, I forgot about Trey."

The conversation was ended when costumers started walking out and I had to go clean a table.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but cleaning tables is not what I would love to be doing on a Friday night.

After cleaning the table, I headed back to the front to talk to Nicole some more, but first I wanted to check my phone to see if Trey had texted me at all.

Trey is my boyfriend, and has been for the past 5 months. Every one says that we are perfect for each other, but I don't believe in that 'perfect for each other' shit. I mean we are good together, but anyone could be perfect for anyone if they actually tried. Anyway, lately its been weird with Trey. We don't talk much, and when we do it isn't like it used to be. Something is up, I just know it.

I walked back up to the front, and saw that Nicole wasn't up there anymore.

I grabbed my phone; no messages. I slammed my phone down, and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Angry?" a deep voice asked.

I opened my eyes to see who the voice was coming from.

Holy mother of fuck.

I stared at him with a blank expression.

"Sorry, I'm Harry. I'm new here." He extended his hand out for me to shake.

"Hi, Vanessa Sanders, I'm old here." I joked, or at least tired to.

He laughed; guess I succeeded.

"Sorry you had to see what just happened. It's been a rough week." I explained.

He leaned on the wall, and crossed his arms. "Wanna talk about it?"

I rose my eyebrow. "Um, I just met you."

"Right. Sorry. I just don't like seeing pretty girls, like yourself, be upset."

I turned my head so he couldn't see me blushing.

Where the hell is Nicole?

"Sorry, I was talking to Jared!" Nicole said, as she grabbed her drink to take a sip.

"Nicole?" Luke said.

"Oh my gosh! Harry! What a surprise!" She squealed as she hugged him.

Is it bad that I feel a little jealous? No, stop this you have a boyfriend, I thought to myself.

"I guess Vanessa and I are training you tonight." Nicole said.

"It would seem to be that way." He said as he stared at me.

"Well lets get to it then." Nicole said clapping her hands together.

-

After the dinner rush everything in the restaurant slowed down. Jared told us to start doing our stuff, which consisted of cleaning so we could close up for the night. I finished all my stuff before Nicole and Harry, so I sat on the ground with my knees pulled to my chest and waited for them to finish.

I checked my phone again; nothing.

I took a deep breath to hold back the tears, but they were threatening to spill any minute. Nicole noticed that something was up, and came to my side.

"Vanessa what's wrong?" she asked, wish concern written on her face.

"Trey.. he hasn't been himself lately, and its worrying me." I admitted, looking down.

"Oh Vanessa." Nicole said as she pulled me into a hug.

"I just don't want to lose another person I love, Nicole.."

"I know, I know."

Harry walked by and observed what was going on. He went back to sweeping after standing there for five minutes.

"It's gonna be okay V. I have to go finish my stuff, but ill be back in a minute and you can explain to me whats up." I nodded to her.

I closed my eyes for a few minutes and opened them when I heard someone clearing their throat.

Harry.

"Vanessa whats wrong?" He asked.

I laughed, "You don't give up do you?"

He smiled, "No. Now please answer me. Whats wrong?"

"Life." I answered.

He sat next to me. "You know. Life is a bitch at times, but I promise you it gets better."

"I know, but I am starting to wonder if it will ever get better for me."

"It will. I promise."

I turned my eyes to look at him. His looked so sincere in what he was saying. It was like he was going to do anything to make sure I would believe him.

We stared at each other for a while. I noticed that he had really pretty eyes. They were so green.

"Well," I began to stand up. "I should get going."

Harry stood up as well. "Okay. It was nice meeting you Vanessa." He smiled.

"I like your smile." I blurted out.

My eyes widened and I covered my mouth as soon as it came out. Harry's smile only got bigger, which made my cheeks redder.

"I should be going now." I said, grabbing my keys.

Harry chuckled.

"Bye." I said walking towards the door.

"Vanessa." Harry called.

I turned around. "Yes?"

"I like your smile too, love. Don't let life ruin it." He smiled.

I felt the tears coming again. "Thanks."

I walked out the door as fast as I could so no one could see me cry. No one has ever seen me cry before. Not even Nicole. To me, crying shows weakness and I don't want anyone thinking I am week.

When I got to my car I just sat there, with tears streaming down my face, and wondered, why is all this happening to me?

-

so yea...depressing and confusing, but you'll understand everything soon! vote and comment