ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏғ ɢᴏᴅs

˳༄꠶

˳༄꠶

All Rhea had ever known was her purpose. She was born to be traded with a baby in the Southern Air Temple, and become the new All Mother. The one they traded for her would be raised to be the All Father, and when they were close to retirement or death, they would trade again. 

This was a tradition as old as the temples, to help raise balanced Air Benders. Without the mother or father, the monks and sisters would be un-balanced in care and nature.

Northern Sisters to Southern Monks

Western Sisters to Eastern Monks

Vise versa

Those were the trades

When she was four, her own trainer and guardian Gyatso, had been given another child in his care, Aang. They told her he was to be the next Avatar and that she would need to be closer with him to show him the ways of balance, just as the past mother did for Roku when he came to train with them. Sadly she had passed the year before, so Rhea only had Gyatso. 

At age eight, she was close to mastering her bending. She also had many children under her influence, but as instructed, she was close with Aang. 

  ˳༄꠶

Meaning: flowing

In mythology, Rhea was the mother of the gods

˳༄꠶

I hope you all like this concept I have going. I tried to keep the prologue short and sweet but just enough so you get the idea I'm going for. Every time I watch ATLA I always want Aang to have the sisterly or in this case motherly influence in his life so he's not alone. 

Started: Apr 9. 2021

Posted: May 10. 2021

Ended: Ongoing