ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ

ᵇᵃᵗᵒ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵒᵘᵗʰᵉʳⁿ ʷᵃᵗᵉʳ ᵗʳⁱᵇᵉ

˳༄꠶

         𝙄𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨. A very perfect and lovely three days. These were good days.

It was the night of the third day, going into the fourth of their now official relationship. Rhea and Sokka were now sleeping closer than before, as they knew it was acceptable by the other person to do this now. 

Sokka had a new favorite pastime besides training with Rhea or staring at Rhea like a creep, but it was ok to do so now because every time she caught him, she would kiss him. This past time, it was floating.

He

Loves

Floating

It was revolutionary. It was inspiring. It was like a whole new playground. 

Sokka dreamed of flying with Rhea, two kids on their backs, and Aang carrying Katara next to them. They were a happy family. . . 

(re-draw)

(re-draw)

˳༄꠶

"Hey, look!" Aang examines the sword. "A sword made out of a whale's tooth."

Rhea walked up behind him and plucked it out of his hands, "No holding sharp weapons unless you're fighting, brat." 

While Aang sulks about the weapon, Sokka slides down the slope and pulls up behind the Avatar and his girlfriend, snatching the weapon from her hands.

"Let me see that."

Rhea deadpans. "You know, generally, people ask that before they snatch it out of someone's hands."

Sokka ignores her and walks on for a little while before he stops, not too far from them, to study the weapon closely. It's not like he ignored her on purpose, but he was stuck in a flashback of the water tribe ships leaving with all their men who carried similar weapons. Younger him cradled his battle club as he watched them leave their icy shores wistfully.

Rhea notices the same wistful look on present-day Sokka and puts a hand on his shoulder, snapping him out of it. "This is a Water Tribe weapon." He turns to the girl, his expression serious. "See if you can find anything else. Aang, get Katara."

They both nod and do as told, but the girl first kisses his forehead softly, noticing his sudden surge of purpose. 

"Did someone lose something?"

Aang, who was about to get her, smiles, "Nope! We found something."

Sokka kneels before the ground, brushing aside the debris, and picks up a spearhead, examining it and running his fingers along its point, noticing ash on it. "It's burned." He went toward a tree trunk, scorch marks and sharp cuts running across its bark. "There was a battle! Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders." He turns away from the tree and looks down the slope of the hill, seeing a black spot on the ground. "The firebenders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill."