Friends In War part 1

Jedi Legend

Nearly 2 decades before the conflict over Naboo, at the ocean covered world of Skustell, a dispute began rising between the Trade Federation, who had just blockaded the planet, and the native Ongree species of Skustell. The Trade Federation installed the blockade after the Ongree refused to do business with the Federation for substantially raising their prices only for the Ongree. After hearing the issue and a promise from the Ongree's Prime Minister that they would consider joining the Republic if they helped them, and so the Jedi Council sent the human negotiator Jedi Master, Izac Kash, to deal with the problem. After a week of debates along side a Ongree senator from the planet, Izac successfully convinced the Trade Federation to lower their prices on trade to what they originally were. However, before the Jedi Master left the planet, he felt a strong presence. He asked the senator if he could investigate the source and was given permission. He followed the trail to a building inside a city of an Ongree civilization that rested on one of the few landmasses on the planet. Izac knocked on the door and a few seconds later the door opened and the Jedi was met by a female Ongree who politely greeted herself as Jace Kcaj. The Jedi peered into the home and saw a small toddler Ongree lifting a plastic toy ball in the air without touching it. Jace happily let Izac in and the two talked about the young force sensitive, learning his name to be Coleman Kcaj. Izac kindly ask Jace if he could take Kcaj to the Jedi Temple to be trained. After some foreseen initial refusal from Jace, she finally realized and understood of what her son could become, A Knight of the Jedi Order.

The Republic Consular-Class space cruiser descended through the atmosphere of the Galactic Republic homeworld of Coruscant, landing near the mouth of the Great Jedi Temple. Izac, with Kcaj in his arms, walked down the platform from the ship as steam spewed out making a hissing sound. The large statues of robed Jedi caught the attention of Kcaj as they approached the entrance of the temple. They rode up an elevator into the Jedi High Council's room where Izac explained that the boy had a strong connection to the force and asked if he could be trained. From the wise words of the Grand Master himself, Yoda, all 12 members agreed to have Kcaj trained the ways of the force along with other students. As some years past by, Kcaj was finally old enough to begin his training as an official youngling of the order. "The crystal is the heart of the blade, the heart is the crystal of the Jedi, the Jedi is the crystal of the force, the force is the blade of the heart." The Grand Master of the Order, Yoda, said to Kcaj and the other two Jedi younglings as they trained with the safety sabers. During training, the other students would always giggle when glancing at Kcaj because of his funny appearance, embarrassing him. "Focus, you two must." Yoda stated to the other ypunglings who snickered, "Imbrace others for their differences, you must, or else you will find conflict wherever you go." The old Grand Master added, getting the kids to stop laughing as they trained. However, it continued to persist with other while not in class. While they continued training, another Jedi Master entered the room. The younglings deactivated the blades and bowed to the Jedi who bowed back. "Good to see you, Master." Yoda said to the Jedi, "Class, have a new student today, we do." He stated as the Jedi Master left after bringing the youngling who still stood outside the room. The class stared at the door and saw two orange eyes on eyestalks peered out with a lipless mouth that rested above them. The Ongree youngling slowly walked into the room, immediately surprising Kcaj. Everyone greeted the Jedi kindly and Yoda asked for the shy kid's name. "Pablo- Pablo-Jill." He answered. "Well, Pablo, good it is to have another of your species in the Order." Yoda happily replied, making Pablo feel better. Pablo went and stood by Kcaj, as he was the only one Pablo felt a little comfortable around due to them both being Ongrees. Yoda then instructed for the class to then get back into their stances and had Kcaj help Pablo.

Many more years continued to pass with Kcaj becoming very proficient in his saber skills. In fact, he wasn't just top of his class, but many others as well with Pablo-Jill not too far behind. Nearing the end of his training, Kcaj sat on the end of his bed, resting in his personal initiate dorm inside the temple, when the door opened. Kcaj moved his eyestalks to see Jedi Master Izac Kash standing there. He hopped up and bowed to him, "Master Izac, what brings you here?" Kcaj asked. "I hear you have pasted the initiate trials and are old enough to become an official padawan. Congratulations, Kcaj, It's exactly how I envisioned this when I first found you." Izac appraised the young Jedi. "Thank you, Master Izac. However, this is where the hard part comes, finding a Master. I've heard rumors from other trainees about some Jedi, way older then us, who still haven't found a proper Master." Kcaj dolefully replied. Izac looked at the worried Youngling with a smile on his face as he placed his hand on Kcaj's shoulder, "Well, you won't need to worry about that, Padawan." Kcaj visible frown disappeared as he quickly looked up, surprised, and immediately hugged the Jedi Master.