Friends in War part 3

The Neimoidian War

"Kuat seems to be safe. Looks like we're going back to Coruscant, men." A Lieutenant of the Senate Guard informed his men aboard a Republic Consular ship that was sent to survey the planet Kuat. "Wait, sir, there's a YT-1300 light freighter incoming. Looks like it's ready to board." Another guard said to the Lieutenant. "Looks like Smugglers. Men, prep your weapons!" The Lieutenant quickly ordered. Three senate guards run up and guarded the side entrance as the smuggler ship attached to them, creating a rumble throughout the ship. There was an eerie silence as the men waited with their blasters aimed at the door. The door opened and smoke spewed out, soon followed by blaster fire that easily dispatched the guards at the door. The Lieutenant peered at the cameras and saw multiple different species enter the ship. A male Rodian, female Twi'Lek, male Zabrak, male Nautolan, and what looked like a young female Human. "Smugglers indeed." The Lieutenant mumbled to himself, "Pilot, get us to Coruscant! The rest of you, keep them occupied!" He then added, watching the 6 other guards race to the intruders, glancing back to see them enter hyperspace. The Rodian stopped and heard the footsteps of the guards, "They are coming. Dedra, get ready!" He ordered the Zabrak. Dedra run ahead of the rest, aiming a Z-Rotary blaster down the hall. As soon as the first guard turned the corner, Dedra opened fire and decimated the poor soldier while the rest took cover behind the walls as the Zabrak rained blaster fire down the corridor. "Remember, we must hold them off until we reach Coruscant, we can't-" A guard tried uttering before screaming in pain as he was shot from behind. The others turned to see the Twi'Lek kneeling down with a sniper targeted at them. They quickly ran the other way, but another guard was shot. The remaining 3 guards hit a dead end at the closed door to the cockpit of the vessel, and stood hopelessly as they were gunned down by the intruders. "We have arrived at Coruscant." One of the pilots said as they exited hyperspace over the city. The Lieutenant smiled under his helmet until he heard the entrance behind him open. He turned for a split second before being shot by the Rodian, who then killed the two pilots. "Lex, pilot the ship to the Judiciary Central Detention Center." The human commanded the Rodian. Lex grabbed the control and descended the ship down the atmosphere of the planet. "Dedra, you and I must find fitting outfits. Zil, Ne So, find some cuffs." The female human then ordered the rest of the crew, "Remember, we are being paid a lot of credits for this jailbreak mission, so be convincing."

Lex gently landed on the landing pad for the detention center, opening the doors to let the rest out. The Twi'Lek Zil and Nautolan Ne So stepped out with their hands behind their backs in cuffs while Dedra and the female human acted as senate guards. Approaching the door, the group was stopped by two other guards at the entrance. "Caught these Smugglers as they tried to hijack us." A low, male voice, that sounded exactly like the Lieutenant, said. The entrance guards bought it and opened the door. Once inside, they continued down to the detention center where Barloo and Grandds were held. They stood on the hovering platforms and arose past all the other guards to the cell with the Neimoidians, and the ray shield that held them captive opened. At first glance, Barloo and Grandds didn't realize it was their saviors until one guard lifted her helmet to reveal her young human face, when it suddenly morphed into that of shape-shifting Clawdite, and winked. "Zam Wesell, I must say I am impressed with your skills." Barloo complimented the Bounty Hunter as he and Grandds stepped on the platform. One of the other guards nearby noticed the group, "Hey! Intruders! Sound the alarm!" He said, pointing them out to the rest. Dedra removed the cuffs from Zil and Ne and gave them side-arm blasters to fight back. As the group dispatched the guards with ease, one senate guard at the control center quickly pressed a button that sent the whole place in lockdown, all open prison cell doors closed, and all outside exits were locked. As they got close enough to the ground, the Hunters and Neimoidians jumped down and made a run for the landing pad, where Lex waited. The guards outside the door heard a metallic click when the door locked, informing them of the lockdown. As they turned their backs to the escape ship to aim at the door, they were swiftly gunned down by Lex, exiting the ship. The Rodian rolled a Thermal Detonator that stopped after slightly tapping the entrance. It beeped twice and blew a hole through the door. Just a few seconds later, the Bounty Hunters with Barloo and Grandds raced out and entered the starship to make their getaway. Multiple Republic attack ship gave chase to stop them, but instead watched the group disappear into hyperspace.