Our Beautiful Creator.

*I do not proof-read or edit my stories. I do this for fun :) enjoy anyways!

Luxury was the only way a person could feel once they entered the dollmaker's store. The brightest pearl white was the only color to be seen, it glittered on the walls, the floors, the shelves, even the counter where deals were made. The few things that were not white was the cash register, and the large duffle bag that always rested on the left side of the counter, which Hongjoong would rummage through for his artistic supplies. They were both a black void, and perhaps that's what the bag truly was, as something new was always coming out of it. Paintbrushes, clay blocks, small and large knives, scalpels, and other things deemed necessary by the lovely dollmaker for his job.

The beautiful sound of a bell rings as the door opens, ringing in Hongjoong's ears, but he does not look up from his work. Instead he sighs, knowing very well the time of day. 2:35 A.M.
It was like clockwork, this certain customer was. He says hello to the empty store, his soft and rusty voice letting out a laugh. He does the same today, putting his hands in his black pockets as he browses the store, staring at the lovely shelves of hyperrealisitic dolls. A brown-haired one with a face sculpted to be like bread sat on one shelf, its head looking up at a red-haired doll whose eyes shone with manufactured passion. He smiles at these dolls, and scans the other shelves, taking in all the variety. An old man on his rocking chair, a young girl baker, a child with a bunny.
Hongjoong's eyes track the customer's movements as he stops at the shelf he always does. He braces himself for the conversation about to ensue as the customer stares at the shelf closest to Hongjoong.
This shelf had a NOT FOR SALE/IN PROGRESS sign on it, as both unfinished and extremely high quality dolls both sat on it. One of the taller dolls rested on this shelf, with deep black hair and a sweet aura, it was clear the customer had a favorite.
A few minutes of blissful silence pass by, before the customer speaks.
"He reminds me of a friend, you know." He says, relaxed.
"Oh really?" Hongjoong says, reaching for a paintbrush from his bag. "Why don't you buy it for them?"
"Well, I would." The man says, "But he disappeared one day. Without a trace."
"That's quite a tragedy." He decides to paint the eyes of this doll a dark blue.
"Yes, it is." The customer turns to face Hongjoong, as he always did when he made his statement. "He disappeared a few days after you opened, actually." He hums as he looks around the store. "He looks exactly like that doll. I find it fascinating."
Hongjoong scoffs. "We often find everything to remind us of someone when we miss them. Are you still in mourning?"
"Jung Yunho."
The paintbrush is firmly set down, and Hongjoong finally looks for eye contact. "It doesn't matter how many times you say that name, sir. I don't know who that is, or why you think I did something to him."
The customer sighs, his eyes staring at the duffel bag. Hongjoong glances up before putting an arm in front of it, protecting it from any intruders.
"You're very secretive."
"Please leave."
The customer's presence angered Hongjoong, and it was felt by the entire store. The customer leaves without a word, like always. Hoongjoong looks at his watch, 3 A.M.
Is it done?
He looks upstairs, before abandoning his post and climbing up with anticipation. He opens the third door to the right, the scent of fresh flowers hitting his nose as he stared at his indoor garden, faint light making the room look magical.
He closes the door and searches, smiling as he finds a sleeping male in the middle, the light shining on him. Finally. He succeeded. His experiment worked, laying in front of him was an almond-eyed, pink-haired man, where a doll once laid.
The book didn't lie.