Moonlit Gardens

Pansy x Luna

2002
The pub was dark, sticky, and smelled strongly of sweat, muggle sweat. Filled with downtrodden souls, there was one in particular sitting at the bar. She'd started by perching herself on the edge of a stool and fastidiously wiping down her place before ordering a whisky. That was 3 hours ago.
Now, she was barely keeping her eyes open as she downed her 5th glass of something. Who knew at this point? That was how a petite blonde found her, head on her arms with a few unsavory men looking at her.
"You know, pansies don't bloom at night."
"Huh" Pansy blinked with bleary eyes and glanced up.
Luna peered back. One, two beats passed.
Pansy reached a hand out. Her fingers- shaking slightly -gently tucked a strand of yellow hair across the wilted pink flower behind her ear.
"You're pretty"
"Mmmm. I've always wondered if they can hear us."
Pansy frowned, "they don't have ears."
"Neither do snobblehales."
Pansy's head thumped to the table. Luna slipped a drop of potion into the glass of water the bartender had set before her with a commiserating smile. Gently holding Pansy's head up, Luna shook her a bit until she opened her eyes. "Sip this love, then we'll get you to bed."
Slowly, they stumbled out and down the street and into an old apartment building.
~
"Good morning sleepy head!"
Pansy rolled over and groaned. Her head hurt way too much for that kind of enthusiasm. The bed dipped as one of the occupants levered herself out and pattered out of the room, gently closing the door behind her. Some time later, Pansy woke to the sound of pans clattering and pancakes sizzling. Beside her on the table were a glass of water and a pain potion, sitting up slowly, she groaned and downed the potion before taking a swig of water and swishing it to lose the fuzzy feel of unbrushed teeth and alcohol.
The three steps to the door and the remaining two to the bathroom almost did her in, but Pansy was not a weakling, she would not let her base urges rule her! So instead of sliding to the floor, she kept her course. Okay. Good. At the sink. As Pansy glanced up at her reflection, a wave of nausea threatened. Luckily, the potion was starting to kick in and her vision stopped swimming. After brushing and scrubbing a bit, she felt ready to face the kitchen, and, more importantly, the energetic blonde within it. As she opened the door, Pansy was met with large blue eyes and an arm raised to knock.
"Oh good, you worried me." Luna grabbed Pansy's arm and led her into the kitchen. Shoving her onto a stool, she turned to collect some silverware and a plate piled high with pancakes dripping with syrup and strawberries. She watched Pansy eat every bite before asking, "you're better?"
Pansy set her dishes in the sink. "Mmhmm. Much, thank you."
"Pansies don't bloom at night. With the moonlight."
Pansy shook her head, "no, they don't. But that's okay, you're not the moon, and I'm not a flower."
Luna leaned into her side. "I'm sorry for pushing you to talk."
Pansy kissed her lightly on the nose. "And I'm sorry for being cross, storming off, and getting plastered in some shitty dive."
"Want to go to the farmers market?"
"Oh definitely. Let me get my hat!"

 Let me get my hat!"