𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

His voice brought chills up my spine as I was frozen in place, I didn't know what to do. I liked to pretend I was strong in front of others, but in reality, I was weak. The man looked me up and down as he tried to touch me, closing my eyes shut, hoping for a miracle. And I was one lucky girl because I was pulled away from the man as an arm wrapped around my waist. I didn't have to open my eyes to know who it was, just from his touch I knew it was Kuroo.

Opening my eyes to see my back pressed against his chest, my heart was beating fast at the close distance. Somehow he is always the one to save me. "Please get away from my girlfriend" Kuroo glared at the man as his hand rested on my hip. The man was smaller than him, and he began to feel intimidated by Kuroo as that creepy smile turned into an uncomfortable smile. Whenever Kuroo came to save me, he always said that I was his girlfriend. Even though I know, it's just to get them away from me but imagine if one day he wasn't lying.

"I just wanted to hel-" the man tried to explain himself, but I knew that wasn't the truth. He had other plans, and Kuroo knew as well. He interrupted him "thanks, but she's fine now so we'll be going." Kuroo grabbed ahold of my hand, dragging me away from him, when I was with him, I didn't have to worry about my safety because I knew he would protect me. "I can't let you out of my sight, can I?" he asked out as I could hear the frustration in his voice.

"Sorry" my voice was quiet as I felt guilty that this always happened whenever we went out. "It's not your fault that your..." I couldn't hear the last word as it began getting loud, but it probably was something stupid to tease me with. Kuroo carried on dragging me, but as I looked at him, I noticed the top of his ears had gotten red.

Eventually, he stopped making me bump into his back "what are we doing?" I questioned him as he faced a shop, specifically an ice cream shop. He glanced at me with a wink, "we're getting ice cream obliviously" he said before dragging me in. I didn't think this would be a shop Kuroo would ever step in, it was full of cute pastel colours. "(Y/N) they have the best ice cream in the world, you just have to try it!" Kuroo's eyes were shining with stars in them as he looked at all the options.

Looking into my purse to see, I had no more money to spend, tapping Kuroo as he glances into the empty abyss. "I spend all my money on books" I pouted as my eyes drift to the heavy plastic bag in my hand. He flicked my forehead, "you need to be more responsible with your money" Kuroo said as I rubbed at the pain. However, when he looked at his money, he only pulled out a few coins. Peering down at his bag full of chemistry books, "you need to be more responsible with your money" I mocked him, causing another flick of the forehead to come my way.

"That hurts," I say as I rub at my forehead where the stinging pain was, "now you know what it feels like." He stuck his tongue out at me as I rolled my eyes. Kuroo smirked at me as he walked over to the counter with his coins, "can I have one (favourite flavour) ice cream, please." The lady scooped up the ice cream and handed it back to Kuroo, "you're so mean Kuroo. Are you just gonna eat it in front of me now?" He walked out of the shop and towards a table outside of the small shop. We both sat down, "nope, we're sharing."

My heartbeat was racing as we took turns with our spoons taking a bite, Kuroo tried at first feeding me with his spoon, but I just moved it away and asked the shop worker for another spoon. "Okay you were right, it's delicious" I spoke in between bites, he nodded his head in agreement. It went silent as we enjoyed the treat that my mind began thinking, to other people, this could look like a date. If I didn't stop thinking like this, I was gonna explode.

Kuroo suddenly started laughing randomly, I peered around searching to see what he could find funny when he took out his phone snapping a picture of me. "Let me see that" I snatched his phone out of his hand as I saw a piece of ice cream on my nose. He took his phone back as he grabbed a tissue and wiped it away, "is it gone?" He was so close to me that if he moved an inch closer, our lips would touch.

Kuroo sat back down on his chair after he had cleaned the ice cream off my face. This was the moment, "Kuroo" he turned to look at me as I took deep breaths, "I l-" but before I could say anymore we were interrupted by someone shouting. "(Y/N)!" Turning my head to see the boys rushing over to us.

"Are you on a date?" Kai asked us, but he just received glares from the other boys. Instead of letting me or Kuroo answer, "no, they are not" Yamamoto cried out as he pointed to Kuroo. "Stop stealing our manager. You can't have her!" The team laughed at him as my eyes glanced at my lap "(Y/N), what were you going to say?" Kuroo asked me as they all looked at me. Shaking my head with a smile, "I forgot now."

He is out of my league, he would never like me back. I shouldn't say anything; otherwise, I might ruin this precious friendship.