Chapter 3: I'll miss you

"I'll miss you"

Today, I was reading a book in my study with Samuel when someone knocked on the door.

Me and Samuel both looked up "Come in"
I permitted them.

The door opened and Sean(one of the knights) walked in, he bowed "Lady Tia, the Duke told me to tell you that, he wants to see you. He is waiting in the garden."

Papa...?

"Aah... Yes, thank you."

I looked at Samuel "It seems we will have to continue another time, Samuel."

He nodded "Yes, M'lady."

Samuel got up from his seat and extended his hand to me "Allow me to escort you there, Lady Sapphire."

I nodded as I put my hand on his "Thank you, Samuel."

I got up from my seat and went to the garden with Samuel escorting me.

___________________

We arrived at the garden and saw
Papa.

Samuel bowed and excused himself "Then, Please excuse me, Lady Sapphire."

I walked towards my father.

"Papa!"

I called out to him and hugged him by the waist. Papa turned around and placed his hand on my head, patting it softly.

"Hello to you too, Tia."

I looked up at him and smiled.

Papa and I sat down for tea. I noticed Papa had the same as mine, different from his usual one.

"Do you like it, Papa?" I asked him.

He raised his head in confusion.

"The tea, I mean."

He understood and nodded "Yes, I tried it recently and it's quite good."

The tea I usually drink is milk tea with a bit of sugar. Papa usually drinks bitter tea so I thought he wouldn't like it but, I guess I was wrong.

"You have been invited for tea by His Majesty again, Tia."

His Majesty....? Now that I think about it, it has been a few days since our last tea time. He did say he would invite me again.

"Yes, Papa."

I noticed Papa say something to the butler and I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

The butler nodded and went into the Mansion.

Papa cleared his throat "I brought you something on my way to the Palace while you were at the Alpheus Mansion."

He motioned for something with his hand and the butler from before came with a box in his hand.

Papa gestured for me to open it. I gently grab the box and nodded a thanks to the butler.

When I opened it, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.