Chapter 20- Divide and Conquer

"Eunbi-unnie! On your left!" Yuri's voice says into her head. When the leader turns, she sees her along with Yena, Minjoo and Chaewon hiding behind some boxes in the hallway. They were the last to arrive as Sakura, Hitomi and Nako had managed to group up with them a couple minutes before. She'd been informed of what happened to Chaeyeon and although she'd rather have her with them, she understood Sakura's worries. She gave a rendezvous point to her and Chaewon's clone for when the rest of them decided to get out of the labs, and she was hoping they'd make it out alright. Not only was Chaeyeon hurting, but she could tell Chaewon was overexerting her cloning. Nevertheless, they needed to find Seoyoung here and take her back. One of the files Sakura had scanned said she had her own special cell in here.

"Alright everyone. The guards are on high alert because they know we're here, but without their comms, they don't know when we'll be coming." Eunbi begins laying out the plan to the group. Sakura, Yena, Yuri, Minjoo and Wonyoung would plant a virus into the main server that would delete all of the syndicate's information. Eunbi, Hyewon, Chaewon, Yujin, Nako and Hitomi would find Seoyoung's cell and try to incapacitate her. The hope was that Yena's group would finish their side of the plan in time to help them with Seoyoung just in case she was too powerful. When she finishes, the rest of the group nods in agreement putting full faith in their leader. It was another reassuring moment for Eunbi, knowing they trusted her to make the right decisions. Now, all she's worrying about is executing properly.

"Okay, Yena. We need stealth. Lights out." She messages. And with that, Yena puts her hand on the wall, feeling for a current, and short-circuits it. The lights overhead begin to flicker randomly, giving just enough darkness for them to sneak by, but also just enough light to let them know where they're going.

The guards at the main entrance look at each other with confusion, gripping their weapons a bit harder, expecting an attack. It was of little use though as they are quickly taken down by Nako coming out from the darkness. From there, the group splits up once again.

~~~~

"Chaeyeon-unnie?" A voice calls out to her. She would've gotten up to check, but Chaeyeon was still a bit hobbled.

"Over here" She whispers. Eventually, Chaewon's head pops out from a corner, checking for the source of the voice, and when their gazes meet, relief washes over their faces.

"Unnie! Are you okay?" The younger asks, rushing over when she sees the cuts and bruises on her.

"Yeah...but she didn't make things easy for me." Chaeyeon jokes pointing her chin at Gaeun passed out next to her.

"Well, as long as I don't have to carry both of you, I'll be fine." Chaewon shoots back.

"Yah, you two! Freeze!" A guard's voice cuts in. Great... Chaeyeon thinks to herself.

"Hope you can still run, Chaeyeon-unnie!" Chaewon yells as she splits in two, grabs Gaeun from the older girl and runs. Chaeyeon looks at the guard, gives a taunting shrug and despite her injuries, easily manages to leave him in her dust, shutting a door behind her.

~~~~

"I think the main server room is close." Sakura says. The machinery around her was pulling her like a magnet, but she kept her focus on the largest one. The main server was most likely where they kept backups of all their files. Sakura suspected that their database might be so large that even the information they destroyed at the previous hideouts might still be in there.

"If those guards are any indication, it's gonna be behind that door." Wonyoung points at the end of the hall that seemed more guarded than the rest. The lights were still flickering on and off thanks to Yena, so the girls managed to find cover before being seen.