THREE

ACT ONE
CHAPTER THREE
The rebelling life of Prince Ali

Carlos felt like he was in Heaven.

The son of Cruella had been taking his pick from the sweet bowl since the moment he stepped in the limo, devouring the sweets before him as the abstract new flavours danced across his taste buds. He had never tasted anything so new in his life, so sweet and it made him wonder whether Auradon would be so bad after all. Of course he would follow through with the plan as he didn't want to get on his friends bad side nor on the bad side of Maleficent herself but he did hope that when they invaded Auradon that he would still have access to the sweets he had been exposed to. Noting the silent tension in the room, especially the awkward tension from the fact that they were sat with their rival, Carlos decided to speak up.

"Are the handles on your bag from some sort of animal?" Carlos asked the pirate after sticking another sweet in his mouth, the girl looking up at him in surprise as she pulled her bag closer to her chest and ran her hands across the handle of bone.

"They're antlers." Gael replied, all four of the other Villain kids giving her a disgusted look as they judged her choice of bag, clearly upsetting the girl. "What? I use antlers in all of my decorating, ring a bell?"

"You're looking a little washed out." Evie told Mal as she noted the pale look on the girls face, immediately pulling out her blush as she tried to dust the girls face. "Let me help you out."

"Ew, stop." Mal retaliated by pushing the girls hands away. "I'm plotting."

"Well, It's not very attractive." Evie told her friend, Gael immediately smiling as she played with the Pirate hat that was in her lap - smiling softly at it as if it held some sort of sentimental value that the others villains didn't know.

"Finally," Gael said as she addressed her smile towards the Evil Queens daughter. "something we can agree with."

"Oh! These!" Carlos caught everyones attention as he grabbed onto a chocolate sweet with wrinkled edges, holding it high above him before taking a bite and turning to Jay. "It's salty like nuts, but it's sweet like I don't know what."

"Let me see." Jay said as he began trying to tackle Carlos for the piece of chocolate, the son of Cruella not giving in as he shoved the whole sweet into his mouth without another thought, Jay hitting him.

"Ow!"

Gael shook her head at the two boys, her mind wandering to her brother Gil and her friend Harry who acted similarly as she thought of how long she would be away from them. She was indebted to the two, along with her captain Uma who had held the title of her best friend every since Gael had approached her in the marketplace. Sitting among their worst enemies made her want to go home even more and it didn't help that the friendship between Mal and Evie reminded her of the friendship she held with Uma and similarly Jay and Carlos mimicked Harry and Gil. In a way she felt as if her livelihood had been stripped from her, and she couldn't wait until they competed the job so that she could get back to them.