"chapter 3"

My life is yours, Zack. It always has been."

His hand met hers again.

"Of course I'm gonna sign your fucking papers, you freak! Ugh... I think you just took like twenty years off my life today. This is too much."

"You sound like an old man."

"Compared to you, I am an old man."

"25 is still really young. Besides, you look good."

"Huh?"

"Have you been working out a lot?"

"Well... There's not much else to do... So yeah, I guess..."

"It sounds like I have a lot to look forward to then."

"Pffffft... This is... Unfuckingreal." He sprang up to his feet and strode across the small room, needing to share his excitement with someone else. "Hey! Bill!" He shouted at the guard. "See this cute girl who came to see me? This crazy bitch just fucking proposed to me."

"Isn't that the girl you kidnapped?"

"That doesn't even make sense. Of course I didn't kidnap her or do any other weird shit to her," he scoffed. "Look at her though. Isn't she cute? Hah! Fuck all you motherfuckers! I'm on death row and I'm still getting my girl!"

"Guess that does make her a crazy bitch, doesn't it?"

"Do you want to die?!" he snarled, immediately going into protective mode.

"Pipe down before I cut you off and take you back to your cell, you crazy bastard." Bill scoffed at him. Truthfully, he was one of the few guards Zack could actually stand. The guy had a good hundred pounds on him and was pretty much fearless. They butted heads for awhile, but after many pretty spectacular mutual ass-kickings, Zack had learned to respect him a bit.

"Yeah, my bad. Just had to tell someone." He sheepishly sat back down and picked the receiver back up. "Sorry, Ray. He's just jealous," he said the last part loud enough for Bill to hear.

"I didn't think you'd be this happy." Her cheeks flushed.

"Goddamnit, Ray. Are you serious? For real? Do you know how fucking crazy I am about you?"

"I think I'm starting to believe it."

"You have no idea how close I am to kicking this window in and having my way with you."

"We both know that you could, but as much as I'd like that, I don't think I should encourage you this time."

"Don't laugh, but I at least want to hold your hand or something."

"When you get out of here you can hold more than that, every night."

He groaned at that.

"Don't suppose you could give me a little preview, could you?"

"Zack!"

"What? It's a reasonable request, Ray."

"They're not going to let me come back if I do something like that."

"Yeah. I don't want that," he sulked.

"But I guess I can do something else for you... It's going to be really embarrassing, so you better not laugh at me."

"Future husband's honor, I won't."