chapter 1

lexie's point of view

i stood in front of my full body mirror smoothing out the wrinkles on my burnt pink sundress, that i paired with some white canvas shoes and my butterfly necklace that i never take off.

to be completely honest i'm not sure where i got this necklace from, i had been wearing it since i was a toddler, but it was gorgeous. the butterfly was silver, it was about the size of a quarter, it was hung by a thin silver line.

"lex! we're supposed to leave in fifteen minutes right?" the boy from next door called through the window.

that boy was harry potter, my best friend through and through. i knew we were destined to be best friends since the second i saw him through my window when i was eight, we had been inseparable ever since.

a lot had happened since then. after that day we had become even better friends, and eventually received our letters to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry at the age of eleven. we were both thrown off by the thought that we were wizards, how crazy is that?

we attended the boarding school together, and spent every single moment making memories. of course, we came to realize the lightning scar on his forehead had a rather interesting back round.

turns out, he had lived through the killing curse, the same night his parents passed away. ever since then he's been going through a lot.

in first year professor quirrel had turned out to be helping lord voldemort in resurrecting, and failed, as harry had defeated him.

second year, the chamber of secrets had been opened releasing a basilisk upon the corridors of hogwarts, and dragging myself into the chamber, but of course, he saved me.

third year, his godfather had escaped azkaban, a wizarding prison. harry had believed that sirius black wanted to kill him, but he came to realize that he was trying to protect him, and that peter pettigrew was the one who betrayed the potters, not sirius black.

now, here we were, about to head to the platform to start our fourth year together, "yup! but come over in ten!" i yelled back, but he probably didn't hear me through all the rain. 

of course, we would be the only ones with our windows open in the rain. but that was kind of our thing. throughout our years of friendship we have shared our mutual love of the rain by dancing, sitting, laying, or just playing in the rain.

"okay!" he yelled back.

i quickly grabbed the stack of spread out letters that was scattered over my white desk. even if me and harry lived next door to each other, we were oddly sentimental and still wanted letters from each other to keep. so during the summer when we couldn't fall asleep we would throw letters back and forth between our windows, but ultimately got tired of the hassle, so he would just sneak in for a sleepover.

you're a one crazy lex
go with the pink dress, you look undeniably gorgeous in it

i reread the little letter from last night with a happy smile on my face before putting it in my pink ribbon box, with my many photos of my best friends and my mom.

the only family photos i had were of me and my mom, my dad was an absentee parent that couldn't be bothered to raise me. but i'm not bitter, i like it just as me and my mom anyway. it's not like i ever knew him anyway.