Chapter 37: All I Want Is You

Neville's pov: "Come on, Blaise! Pick up the pace!" Ron hurried Blaise as hewas trying to tie his shoes. "Wait a fucking minute will you?!" Blaise sighed. "And you, what the hell are you doing?" Ron screamed at me as I was styling my hair. "Hey, this doesn't just happen on its own. It takes a lot of work to look this good" I said confidently. "Respect." Harry smirked, bumping my fist. "Which tie should I pick? The blue one or the red?" Dean asked as he got out of the bathroom. "DOES IT REALLY MATTER?!" Ron said angrily as Harry and I hid our laughs. "Come on Ron! Just pick one!" Dean ordered. "Ugh...the red one suits you. There, happy?" Ron sighed. "Thanks man" Dean laughed.
"Why are you so anxious about? Its just the Yule Ball after all" Harry told Ron.
"Yeah I know....its just....I don't wanna be late on Hermione, thats all." He sighed. "Oooo! so that's what this is about! Look, I'm done with my shoes, we can go now." Blaise said, patting Ron on the shoulder. "Gentlemen, ASSEMBLE!" I screamed as the others cheered all the way to the ballroom. We walked in and felt the euphoria sparkling over all these people with the gowns and the suits, a gentleman kissing his girl's hand over there, and a lady grabbing her date's hand over here, all the royal joy was scattered like fairy dust. I felt the wind blow off a girl's dress as she was waving and twirling it with her friends. "This is gonna be GOOD!" Blaise said, hooking his arm around my neck. I was passing through the students, looking for Delilah. What will she be wearing? How will she style her hair? How beautiful will she look? All those questions were activating the adrenaline in me like a line without a hook. And then, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I looked behind me to find...her. And she looked absolutely stunning. She had this ruby like red dress with her hair let down except for the two front strands of her hair pulled back and hooked on a brochure- like hair pin. "Soooo....How's that for a fancy ball?" She smiled. "Oh...umm...you..uh...WOW." I stuttered. "Haha! Yeah, I know, you're speechless" She said with sass as she flicked her hair. "Ignorant. But pretty accurate." I smiled. "Your hair looks FIRE!" She complimented. I could hear Blaise telling Ron "See?! That boy knew what he was doing!" And he winked at me.
"It looks professionally made if you ask me" she laughed. And then suddenly, her smile grew smaller and smaller. She had sort of sadness in her eyes, as if she had lost something very dear to her. "Hey...what's on your mind?" I asked Delilah. "Oh nothing, its just...my parents would've wanted to see me in this dress, like...going to a ball or a wedding or whatever. Sorry to ruin the mood-"
"No no, not at all. In fact you made my night better by just having the mental strength to look this good after everything you have been through." I smiled. And just like that, her smile grew wider and wider, until she pulled me in for a hug...
And at this moment, we heard the music playing.....

(play the song "Reflections" by The Neighbourhood)

"May I have this dance?" I offered, pulling my hand over to her as her face turned redder than her dress. "Ofcourse" She smiled back as she held my hand and went over to the dance floor. I stood infront of her, I watched her eyes sparkle in the candle light, I felt her sway between my hands as I grabbed her soft waist. She put a warm hand on my shoulder and raised my hand up to chin level to walts. I couldn't get enough of her grace. I pulled her waist tighter against me, but still maintaining the gentle touch. she was just so magical. I felt her heel poke my foot two times as we were dancing. "Owh!" I groaned. "Oh! sorry sorry, my bad!" She apologised, hiding her laugh. "Oh, so we're laughing now!" I smiled as Delilah wheezed. "Sorry, its just....you looked so cute with the owh! BAHAHHAHA" She giggled. "Glad to know my pain brings you joy, Delilah Pritchett" I said, which made her laugh even harder. My eyes couldn'tget enough of her gorgeous smile and that cute giggle. "Has anyone ever told you how green your eyes are, Delilah?" I said, staring into her grass-green eyes as she was staring at mine. "Well, now that you mentioned it, your eyes are pretty delightful as well." She smiled. We let the song carry us in sync into utter euphoria, it was like we needed that from a long long time. I just felt like....I wanted to stay like this forever......