three

MAY 24TH

10:34 AM

There were a lot less girls here this morning.

I knew what had happened. I knew why it happened. But I was sad to see some of my new friends go.

"Ladies."

I sat up a little straight when Capitola Mollory spoke for the first time this morning. As always, she looked completely out together and like the whole world was running smoothly.

Which, I'm pretty sure the world usually runs smoothly. I can't think of an instance I heard that the earth had stumbled in its course. It rotated on its axis really consistently.

"Do I want to know what you're thinking, Miss Cortland?"

I glanced up at the playful tone in Capitola Mollory's voice, "You usually don't want to, ma'am. They don't make much sense to anyone else but me."

"I assumed as much." She smiled at me and I smiled back, knowing that my insides were quivering a little bit. She was awesome.

"Ladies, I'd like to get started please." Capitola Mollory called to the group.

Even though there were less girls, we females made up for it. We sure did like to talk. And everyone had a story to share.

Delphine was talking quietly with her neighbor. Cora and Sawyer were laughing about something. Katie Davies was talking animatedly about her coffee(which she claimed not to be able to live without).