A Bat in ACME Labs

Brain sighed, rubbing his head as he muttered to himself. Another failed plan. He shook his head and looked over at his cagemate, Pinky. To Brains surprise, Pinky was almost entirely silent.

Pinky was sitting on the little bed made out of a can and a piece of sponge, cradling a small creature in his arms and cooing to her. The small creature looked similar to him, though she had very tiny wings. "Little baby winged-mousey mouse..." He hummed to her, gently bopping her nose. The baby seemed to enjoy the attention, cooing nd nuzzling into the warmer and quite taller being.

"Pinky- she isn't a winged mouse, she's a bat." Brain reminded as he came closer to the bed to have a look at the little creature.

"Oh- right Brain! Poit!" Pinky rubbed his nose against his boyfriend's cheek, nuzzling him. Brain seemed to be content with the display of affection, looking at Pinky. Pinky sighed and smiled, pulling his nose away to give the little girl more attention.

"Pinky if you intend on keeping this little bat, she'll need a name." Pinky's ears perked up at the thought of keeping her. A few weeks ago he had found her in the lab, scared and alone. She was another failed lab experiment, just like he and Brain had been considered. "We can keep her?" Pinky asked excitedly, looking at Brain with the happiest expression on his face.

The small bat seemed to know what they were talking about and giggled softly, reaching over and patting Brain's cheek. "Yes but she needs a name. A proper one at that." He knew Pinky's choices of names could be odd, which is why he hoped anything Pinky said wouldn't be bad.

"How about Pepper?" Pinky asked with a tilt of his head before chuckling. Brain hummed, rubbing his chin in thought before nodding. "That seems... Like a suitable name."

(I threw my oc into the first chapter...)