the beginning ooo

Roman took a deep breath in.'Alright, I'm bored,' he thought to himself, he had been sitting in his cave for much too long now, waiting for something to happen or at least someone to stumble upon the cave, even just a rabbit; he was kind of hungry. He sighed and stood, stretching out his arms above him, as he began to walk in circles. His hands eventually fell down to his side and he dragged his left one across the wall of the cave lightly. It was dark but he knew exactly what everything looked like, and where every step took him.

He felt his finger tips slowly crossing over small bumps and holes in the cave walls, bits slowly crumbling off after being touched. Roman missed the days when he didn't have to think, when he didn't have to fend for himself or be alone. But alas, all good things must come to an end. 

After a minute of walking in circles he stopped in his tracks and inhaled deeply. 'Might as well do something, at least get some sun.' he thought putting his hand back on the delicate walls, carefully feeling his out of the caves. Sure it was a pain needing to feel his way through the dark everyday, but it was a good skill, and living deep in the caves was worth it. It was much harder for certain people to find him that way. 

He blinked, slowing stepping out and adjusting to the daylight. Walking aimlessly, humming a small tune, he wondered how Valarie was doing, and who she was playing music for now. 

He was taught to breathe. Deep breaths. Stay calm and together. Show everyone the best most collected respectable side of you. As he walked he breathed, in and out. Slowly. He was rarely  calm, but not in the way everyone was worried about. He could easily talk your ear off, but lately there had been no one to talk to. He wondered how Jamal was doing. He was always a joy to talk to and a great listener. Though lately Roman had been alone, scared, no one would listen because he had no one. So he took a deep breath.

He thought of all of his old friends, and he thought of his parents, his brother. Roman had never really thought so much, he was usually occupied stealing or talking about nothing or... he spotted a building up ahead. A cottage. Lucky. No more thinking for Prince Roman. 

It was just another small stretch of woods to this home, nothing too bad. The brunette could smell the food, he could practical hear  jewels sparkling, the vines growing up the side, he had to get there. Now. It sounded lovely... deep breath.

There was a moment of silence where he paused. Something was watching him.  He shrugged. 'Nothing I can't handle.' He smiled to himself, beginning to pull out his sword, but it was a little late. 

He quickly felt his breath leaving his lungs as he hit the ground. Smack! 'Deep breath Roman deep...' .Well his breathing was a little restricted due to something now sitting on him.

He felt soft fur on his face. Paws on his chest and stomach, skin pressing against grass. He opened his eyes to see a creature looming over him. It looked like a... dog? A smiley curious dog. There was a good minute where the two creatures were at a stand still, one holding the other to the ground, admiring him. Roman was scared to move, his trusty sword knocked out of his hand. 'Wait, did the home belong to this beast?' 

Patton blinked. Oh, he was probably crushing this poor boy. He stepped off of him quickly, all four paws moving to the soft grass rather than the living being that he was just standing on. Though, he was mindful enough to stand between the boy and his sword. He slowly stood on his hind legs. 'Oh! I must be scaring him huh,' Patton reminded himself knowing that humans weren't always knowledgeable of all of the different types of creatures. 

He held his breath and began his (painful) transformation. He could feel himself shrinking, his skin becoming clear, his snout disappearing.

His goal was to catch a palace guard, but that didn't seem to be what he got. 'That's ok though, there's always next time! For now I should probably just apologize to this.. person? ' He had never seen a human with eyes like that but, then again, they had a tendency to surprise him.

Finally, deep breaths again. Roman looked over at the... we'll call it a dog.. while clutching his side that hit the ground a little harder than the rest of his body. He was trying to process everything. Where was his weapon? Why was he attacked? Why so close to this house? In the middle of his panic he saw something a little more concerning. It stood up. Like- stood up stood up. Ok, he must be hallucinating now because it was changing, slowly but surely, warping almost. Its paws - or whatever- became much smaller and human like- actually that happened to all of it. Before he knew it there was a... human? Now standing in front of him with short brown curly hair, similar to but lighter than his, a messy looking white shirt and some simple leggings. Just a kid. 

He seemed to notice Roman hunching over slightly, because he slowly began to approach him, but paused. "I am so sorry are you ok?" he asked shyly, like he wasn't just a monster who had just pounced on him.

"Uhm," Roman breathed out, "I'm fine- what the hell are you?" Roman asked, he had a right to know at this point, and he didn't really care if he was being rude, he was totally out of it.

The dog human seemed a little taken back, "W-well I'm a werewolf? We are pretty common in these parts kiddo, I take it you're... not?"

'Kiddo? Huh wh-..? ' Roman paused for a moment, 'Whatever.' "Look I just, I- wait I thought that werewolves could only switch with the moon or something?" 

"..... You do know there are multiple different types of werewolves right?"

".... Oh. .... Sorry."

The werewolf giggled, "Its ok silly! Most people don't know anyways, anywho I'm sorry again, you look like you need some rest. Come with me!" He requested, picking up the strangers sword for him and looking at him with anticipation. "My name is Patton."

Roman was hesitant at first, but hell did that cottage looked comfy. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? He could be tricked into being eaten? Please, he's dealt with a 'younger' sibling for years. He can handle a werewolf. He took his sword back. "Nice to meet you Patton, I'm Roman."