i can definitely think of chapter titles

"Wait.. this isn't your home?"

"What? No I thought it was yours!" the werewolf laughed, he had initially turned to walk back into the woods but spun back around to face the other man upon his reaction. "I guess not... no I don't really have a home." Patton finished moving his eyes towards the ground, but quickly perking back up again and adding, "maybe we could go to yours!"

Ok, this very much feels like trick but.. maybe he does want to help? well I shouldn't lead him back to my setup that's stupid.. maybe...

"Well, mine isn't much to see either, how about we check on that place then? Since it's so mysterious all of the sudden." He added with a dramatic wave of his hand after pointing towards the cottage, "I mean, you're a werewolf and I have a sword! Nothing we can't handle and hey, maybe it's abandoned?"

The taller brunette sighed, "welllllllll okk, but we should probably knock first at least."

"Alright!" the prince yelled, already making his way over to the cabin."

The building was only about 100 feet away, but as they got closter it seemed as if it was attempting to hide. Vines grew up the walls, but it was as if they had been growing for one hundred years. The rest of the home looked newer, the paint even smelled fresh, the windows were clean and the door hinges were still shining. Oh. He was already at the front door. Roman cleared his throat, hesitating. This cabin, this building that felt as if it was attempting to push everything out was so compelling, shoved in the most wooded part of the forest yet so open, so reserved yet so welcoming. Roman was so intrigued but could not move.

"Um kiddo? Everything ok?" Patton said worrying about his new friend, they had made it around the side of the cottage and to the front with such determination yet when they reached the door it seemed as if the human's brain had melted.

"Why do you call me kiddo?" Roman said as his gaze focused steadily on the hinges. still shiny. the door. still sturdy. Yet both were covered in vines and moss and- "oh well it's just a habit, I used to help out my family with the youngsters so.."

"right right, thats fine its cute but" roman slowly changed his gaze over to Patton, blinking back into reality. "how old do you think i am?"

"uh oh uh- well I thought no older than 19?"

Roman laughed, "im 21!" and begun to laugh harder at his pal's shocked face.

"I'm so sorry! I didnt- I dont- I-"

"It's ok it's ok- how about you padre? Your age I mean."

Patton smiled at the nickname, "22, so I guess the title is still valid huh kiddo."

"I guess it is" Roman said smiling , refocusing back on the door. Why did this seem so hard? Was it black magic attempting to keep them away? Was it fate begging him to step away from an oncoming misfortune? Deep breath. Ok. This is fine. My life can't get worse. He knocked three times on the door. silence. again. silence. he felt his hand slowly travel down to the door handle and begin to turn.

"Thats funny, you'd think it'd be locked, huh?" Patton said as he watched the door creak open - well, that's what it looked like - his vision wasn't too great. roman nodded in response, once the door was open fully they both paused. (hehe paw-sed). Patton had a strange feeling, he didn't know what it was but he surely felt uneasy. Eventually Roman stepped inside, with Patton following close behind.

The second the two men fully entered a wave of numbness overcame them. A nauseous sensation filled Romans stomach and traveled up to his throat, though nothing came out. It couldn't even if he wanted it to, the Prince couldn't move a single muscle. Or, feel a single muscle for that matter. Well, other than his lungs. up and down. Good at least he could breathe, though it was restricted due to his chest's inability to move.

Click. That was the door. Clack, clack, clack. Shoes. Someone was walking behind them. Next to them. Now in front. The noise stopped.

no no no I don't want to die! Maybe my life couldn't get worse but I still want to live no no no no please i-

"state your purpose." a voice called from the shadows, cutting the silence in half. Roman could just barely see shoes peeking out of the shadows with his restricted vision, but nothing else.

All of the sudden Roman lips could move again, the nauseous feeling receding back down his throat and disappearing. Well, it's a start. "How about you start with telling me what the hell you're doing to us." he managed to mutter out, his chin still frozen. Maybe not the best approach to someone who could easily kill me but I've been through enough of this shit.

"Hold on kiddo were the ones that broke into the house." Patton said, clearly struggling as well. "were sorry we were just looking for shelter." he finished, now aiming his words at the shadows. As soon as he ended his statement a hand moved swiftly out of the shadows going in a circular motion, and then falling back into them, most likely at the figure's side. Now they could move again! The numbness washed down Patton's body, he felt his senses slowly returning to him, the smell of a fresh pie filling his nostrils, the warm air touching his skin.

"Oh youve got to be kidding me!" Roman exclaimed, after most of that awful sensation washed away, his feet were still noticeably numb, and he still couldn't move them at all. It seemed that Patton was in the same situation because his stance had not changed even though he had turned to give Roman a reassuring smile. "Oh would you rather I have left your entire body frozen?" the figure asked stepping out of the shadows. He looked human, he had dark almost black hair that was partially falling in his face, which was covered in freckles. Actually he assumed that he was entirely covered in freckles but not another spot of skin was showing. The man was in a high-necked blue tunic that rolled halfway down his forearms, accompanied by long black gloves underneath and matching black pants with blue embroidery on the bottom of the legs. And those black shoes that had shaken him so badly earlier. Ah yes, and the finishing touch, round glasses that should have looked dorky compared to the rest of his appearance but no- they seemed to fit perfectly.

He looked like royalty compared to the actually royalty in the room who was only in a tattered white blouse, tight black pants and boots, and a brown belt holding his sword. Though his cherry on top was jewelry. Bright red gems on gold chains in the form of a necklace and a bracelet, and two or three rings. Red was his signature color after all, he misses his elegant crimson overcoat everyday.

Roman sighed at the remark rolling his eyes, he was about to quip back but Patton slightly put his hand up signaling that he had it under control. hopefully.