Take 23

GEORGE's P.O.V.

"And that was the story of how John and Paul wrote 'I Saw Her Standing There.'" I finished while carrying her school bag.

Jude seemed amazed of what I just told her. Her eyes glimmered with joy, probably because of the knowledge that came from a Beatle himself.

"I can't believe everything I read on the internet are either inaccurate or incomplete." She wonders. "Gee, I sure do hope I'll get to ask more about your music."

"Just fire away. I'll try to answer them." I told her. Jude's lips formed a thin line then that's where it hit me. "Right... You currently know a lot about our music than we do."

I sighed as a smile crossed my lips. It's kinda surreal that this girl walking with me holds more knowledge about my life than I do. Jude knows about my death, and probably who I'm going to marry or the name of my children.

"You can ask me anything if you like." I turned to her and questioned, "Anything?"

She shrugged, "There's nothing left to hide anyway. And among the four Beatles, it's you who I trust the most."

Stunned, I said, "Really?"

"Yeah, you're the only one who knows about Cedric. Also the only old man whom I taught Google and new technology."

This made me smirk, "Paul knows about the Google site. He almost did a background check on himself until you came in the room and crashed the monitor."

She laughed upon remembering, "So that's why he was so nervous."

Laughing along with her, I also said, "Ringo has done a little research himself. He learned how to use a cellphone and a thing called an iPod."

Jude furrowed her eyebrows in sudden confusion. "iPod? I don't remember owning any of those."

My eyes widened as I realized the iPod came from the stuff Ringo used to rob from other people... when he was a thief.

My, what an odd thing to say about a best friend.

"Ah! I-I'm actually pertaining to... the... tripods. Yeah, it's quite confusing with iPods since their both pods." I chuckled nervously. "Get it?"

Thankfully, she doesn't press on the topic any further. "So what is it that you want to ask me?"

Looking up at the skies while Jude and I are walking in a slow pace, I tried squeezing my mind for a sensible question to ask to a girl from the future. I mean, I don't want to ask a question that she might ponder on like our deaths or anything.

That's where it striked me. "Did the Beatles ever break up?"

I was expecting Jude to be all concerned again but she actually replied to my question in a heartbeat. "Yes, they did."

Then she explains, "It's kind of a long story, though. Each of you had a reason why you had to break up. It's kind of like a lover's divorce than a band breaking up, actually.

"It was Ringo who first left. He walked out of the studio one day and went over to John's house to talk about himself leaving." I gave her a troubled face. "Don't worry, he came back. But then you left."

I listened intently as the topic was bound to get interesting. "While recording your last studio album, John and Paul were... how do I say this?"

"I-It's okay. Call it whatever you think it is." I reassured to her. She sighed, "They were being hard on you which caused you getting pressured. There was this one guitarist that John thought would be better than you and he threatened that he can ultimately replace you with that jackass.