7

SEVEN

"This is Ashlynn Charlotte Pamela Lee and she's a 17 year old from Sherman Oaks, California.

And I am singer-songwriter and former member of One Direction, Harry Styles.

You're probably thinking why is Harry taking time out of his busy schedule to narrate Ashlynn's story...well I'm afraid to tell you folks, I'm not too sure myself.

Or am I?

Nope...I haven't got a clue.

Or have I...

But, as crazy as this sounds, I can relate with our protagonist; Growing up, we never truly got to express who we were because were so eager to give people what they wanted, so when it came to choosing what we wanted, we didn't have a clue. Because our whole identity was influenced by them, rather than us.

Don't get me wrong, I've got it all figured out now, but it wasn't always like that. And judging by Ashlynn's script, she could use my help.

I know I'm not one to judge, after all I did fall on stage...But she did think Paxton Hall Yoshida asked her out on a date when he only invited her to a party.

Yikes.

But I promised to help and so i will...well as much as I can while narrating her story. So get comfortable, get your favourite tea and treat people with kindness."

🤍🤍🤍

Ash, Val and Ky were sat in the canteen, conversing animatedly as the voices around them melted into one other. She had met the unlikely pair of Valeria Belmonte and Ky Jacobi at summer camp, where they had all been mentors.

After everything she had wanted to get away from San Fernado Valley, CA. And so she had. The best thing she had ever done. Now that they were in life she couldn't imagine it without them.

Ash was in junior year now and things were different. Much different. It was inevitable really, a lot had changed in her life since sophomore year. Family, friends, relationships.

At first she had thought it to be a bad thing, anybody would. Being in her comfort zone, she had never dared step outside it. And then she had; it seems trivial, but it wasn't - one could even argue it had been "life changing."

Currently, the canteen was like a jungle. Pupils were running everywhere while others were being scolded for their uncivilised behaviour. The sun spilled in through the open doors, bestowing the floor with trails of light. There was a chilly nip to the air, but it was so mild you wouldn't have noticed it even if it slapped you in the face.

The trio had been scanning the canteen, finding potential suitors for Ky who had sworn a life against commitment. Not again, not after that dirtbag Kormac had ruined everything.

Despite the mostly short lived nature of their relationship, there had been a lot of things it had taught Ky. For example, if he doesn't listen to Harry Styles, he's probably not worth it. Or if he goes to sleep with his socks on, he's probably also not worth it. Or if he doesn't put pineapples on his pizza he's not...? He's not worth it!

But, the biggest thing Kormac Williams had taught him was never to trust a blonde guy unless his name was 'Irish lad' Niall Horan.

"What are you thoughts on him" Ashlynn asked "10 o'clock" and narrows her eyes to the left, leaning forward. The teenage boy follows her gaze with a sidelong glance and immediately looks back at her, grimacing.

"Ash, I have standards!" He exclaimed. And the trio let out a chuckle, shaking their head. "This is pointless, I'm never going to find another boyfriend ever again." He groaned, pushing the tray of food away and sighs.

"I thought you said you didn't want a boyfriend." Val challenged, stealing away some of his fries.

"Obvi, but I need something to motivate me to come into school." And pulls a face before taking a sip of his drink "Y'all, I'm so close to dropping out. The stripper life is calling me, I can feel it."

Ashlynn watches him amused. "Guys, what if I'm just born to be alone?" He added, huffing as he presses his cheek into the cup of his hand.

"Oh come on now Ky, I'm sure you're not. And besides isn't there like a Japanese myth about our soul being split in two. You'll find your soulmate eventually." Ash reassured him, vaguely referring to one of the stories her mother used to tell her.

"Ew, who said anything about soulmates. Just marry a rich man whose on his death bed" Val suggested, shrugging casually, while she flicked through her notes. She had a test today, in facing history with Shapiro. Lucky for Ash hers wasn't until Monday, so she had a few days to prepare. "Always remember, women are better then men, women should marry dying rich men so then women can be compensated for men. It's insurance for the damage they've wreaked in society." Before plugging her earphones in again.

A silence settles between the trio as they continue looking across the canteen, eyes skimming over the brunettes, the blondes. The nerds, the gamers and the populars. Ash pauses, unwittingly finding herself seeking out a familiar mop of dark wavy hair. She hesitates.

What are you doing? She pulls a face, what was she doing.

Was that Ashlynn looking for heartthrob Paxton Hall-Yoshida? 

No, surely not. She presses her lips together in a tight  line and brings her gaze back. She despised the boy, okay well maybe she didn't despise him. That would have been an over exaggeration. But she didn't like him, hadn't liked him in a while.

But she was over it, anyway. So it didn't matter.

...

Hola! Im not sure how I feel about this chapter, I haven't been able to sleep so I've just been writing. It's not my favourite writing in the world but an update is better than none!

I will probably come back to it to edit it, but until then, stay safe and hydrated! And to all my Muslim kings and queens, Eid Mubarak!

I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening <3

Speak soon!

-SFW.