Pentose

"Do you trust me?"

"Um, yes?"

"Okay. I'm going to stand behind you"

You swallow and nod, listening to the steady thrum of the Tardis console. You wouldn't be able to see her. She steps behind you and you hold your breath.

"May I place my hands over your eyes?"

You pause for a second.

"You can say no"

"Yes. Ok"

She does so, her hands wrapping around your head and covering your eyes. She pushes you onwards and you step, her guiding you all the way forward.

"Ready?" She says, as you feel a soft breeze across your face. You lick your lips and nod, blinking when she removes her hands.

You are silent as your eyes adjust, looking at the infinite Galaxy all around you. The doors are wide open and light and colour stream in, bathing your face and hers. She leans against the door as you marvel, utterly absorbed.

Little beads of glass seem to float across your nose and she scoops one out the atmosphere and turns her back to you, hands up by her chest. When she turns back around she is holding something. You look and see the bracelet. She had removed the Rosemary and added one of the beads.

Wordlessly, you extend your hand and she ties it around, pulling you gently by the waist until you were leaning into her.

"It's beautiful"

"Yes. The Galaxy too" she smiles and you blush.

"What is it?" You say, fingering the little clear bead. She looks back out as she answers.

"It's a Pentose star. A gem stone formed from the planet Jauenn. It's travelled 83million miles to get here. On my planet, Gallifrey, they are a token of unconditional love"

"Thank you. I love it"

"You're more than welcome"

"And thank you... for everything else"

"(Y/n)?"

"Hmm?"

"Please don't go back to him" she says as you look back into her hazel eyes. "I know I've only known you a couple of days, but these have been some of the best days of my impossibly long life. I couldn't stand it if you were to return to him. He very nearly broke you. And if you'll let me, I'd love to work to fix you"

You sigh and stroke her face.

"Beautiful silly Doctor. He loves me"

"But I love you more"

"You, you love me?"

"I do. And I promise to never hurt you, to always listen and to always keep you safe. I won't let anyone touch you, and I will help you find yourself again. If you'll let me"

She cups your face and beings it closer so your foreheads are touching.

"Please (Y/n). Stay with me. Not even that. I'll take you back to Earth. Just please not to him"

"Ok" you whisper, looking deep into her eyes. Like yours, they were currently brimming with tears.

"May I?" She asks and you nod.

With that she presses her lip against yours, sending tingles all the way down your spine and through your body.

Perhaps you had known it all along, but nothing in this Galaxy or the next could pull you away from her.

And that was just fine with you.