𖤈 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆: 𝑬𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝑷𝒆𝒏?

"Jaemin, dude, wassup?" Haechan greeted as he approached his friend's locker.

The said boy had just unlocked his locker and began searching for his needed things for his upcoming classes this morning, "hey, man." He greets back curtly.

"Where's Renjun?" Haechan asks and tries to look around for the mentioned boy, but he couldn't thanks to the busy hallway of their school.

"I don't know, probably getting himself some coffee right now or something. Said he'll meet us here-"

"I literally can't believe I had to wait in line even longer after some kid cuts me off." They heard a voice grumble as the mentioned missing friend of theirs approaches them with a grudge.

"Like no offense to kids out there but listen children, y'all already have enough energy to stay up for the night to watch Spongebob, but me? I have to study all night to please adults that have high hopes for us, you little fuckers-"

"Hey, Renjun." Haechan cuts off the elder's ranting, leaning against the locker besides Jaemin's and eyeing Renjun's starbucks drink.

Renjun pauses and scoffs. "I hate kids." Grumbling about, taking a big gulp of his drink and makes a sigh with a smack of his lips. "I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be for that kid."

"How so?"

"It's full of sugar." The other two chuckled at him before Jaemin finishes off whatever he was doing in his locker. "But I'm not complaining, I feel high right now... Oh my god, are candies drugs for kids?"

"You're sleep deprived-talking again." Haechan points out and pats his shoulder mockingly, but to his surprise, Renjun didn't bite back and just pouts.

Jaemin rolled his eyes at his friends, "what class do you guys have first?" Haechan asks once the blond boy shuts his locker closed. "I have Spanish."

"Literature." Jaemin answered first, shaking the book in his hand that he had just reached out from his locker.

Renjun checks his timetable on his phone and grunts, "someone burn me alive, I have Math first block." Knitting his eyebrows together, irritated.

The other two boys just pat his shoulder again, making him sigh deeply and take another gulp of his (the kid's) Starbucks drink.

𖤈

When Jaemin sat down on an empty seat, just in time for their teacher to arrive, he began to take out his pen and start taking down notes on whatever the lady was blabbering about.

He's not an entire nerd, or whatever of that sort. He's just trying to be productive, alright? He's not getting another teasing from Haechan saying "you're a chill dude, but too chill to do shit." Because he kinda agrees with it.

He's not popular, nor a "loser". He's not a part of any of those well-known categories along with his friends. Instead, they have their inner circle only.

He likes to be low-key, not too well-known, and not too invisible either. He's just on the side lines if you will.

However, he likes to call himself a "normal student." Which resulted Haechan to cackle at him loudly finding it comedic. He was being serious but lets his friend slide anyway.

"Psst." Someone said behind him, he tries to ignore it until it happened again. "Psst, handsome."

He huffs and looks up from his paper, pausing his hand on writing down words and instead scans the people behind him to see who it was.

It didn't surprise him when his classmates pointed at one brunet boy, smiling at him knowingly as he sat a few seats away from him.

Rolling his eyes, he glances at the front of the classroom to see their teacher writing something on the board. Quickly, he harshly whispers back, "what?"

Despite the obvious irritation in his voice, the brunet boy asks with a smile, "do you have an extra pen?" Biting his lower lip while at it.

Squinting his eyes into a glare, "yes. Why?" Jaemin answered anyways, glancing again at the front to check on the lady who was still writing down on the board.

"Can I borrow it?"

"No. You don't even take notes." Jaemin's answer earned himself a bit of attention from the people sitting near them, now focusing on their own little world with a hint of shock on their faces.

The brunet boy changes his smile into a pout, aimed at him. "But who said I'm using it to write down notes?" He sneered before changing his pout into a cheeky grin this time.

"I'm using it to write down my number for you."

Jaemin scoffs and turns back around to continue writing his own notes, ignoring the nonstop "psst" coming from the same brunet boy who was now whining silently on his seat.

"Hey, I was joking!" The boy whispered harshly in panic, seeing how Jaemin just ignored him after. "Whatever," the blond heard the brunet grumble.

"I can lend you a pen." Another boy had asked, Jaemin discreetly turns to check who it was.

It was a student sitting on the brunet boy's right, a seat behind him in another row as he had a small smirk on his lips.

"Really?" The brunet boy asked, hope filling in his tone, which made it a pitch higher than usual.

The other student hums, "if you come and meet me at my locker after class." Smirking all while. Twiddling with the extra pen on his fingers.

Shrugging, the brunet nodded and added a small wink. "See you there," accepting the pen that was handed to him.

"So yeah, basically- hey! Is everyone listening?!" The lady snapped at them, making Jaemin turn his attention back to the front and not at the two boys flirting at the back of the class.

They all nodded and answered in murmured choruses, the teacher huffing back at them before continuing her lesson.

Jaemin tries to focus, keeping up with the lady's blabbering and on how fast she writes on the board. Are teachers expecting them to not twist a finger? Jaemin swore his hand is getting tired already.

The bell rang soon after, a lot of them sighed in relief before bolting out of the classroom. Jaemin stayed back a bit to pack his things, doing the usual as he waits and watches what cliques went out first.

The popular students, which included that brunet boy from before, talked loudly as they went out with slow steps, clearly not minding the ticking time.

Jaemin followed soon after, checking to see that it was one of those moments where they still had time to get their things from their locker without any rush.

He has English next anyway, their teacher is pretty chill compared to their literature teacher. Shrugging, he heads towards his locker and didn't expect much to happen at that moment.