Fear

Captain and Dum were both running through the hallways of the Skeld, both looking exhausted and frightened.

"This way, babe!" cried Captain as they passed electrical.

Dum followed before falling. Captain heard her groan and turned around. He gasped and saw Hacker behind her, wielding a large knife. "Dum!"

He grabbed Dum's hand and pulled her away from Hacker as his knife hit the floor where she just laid. Captain pulled Dum with him as he ran, through lower engine and into security. Captain pressed a button and closed the security doors. "We should be safe in here."

"Wait, we can do that?" questioned Dum as she regained her strength.

"Apparently so," said Captain. "It doesn't matter, though. I'll do anything to keep that filthy murderer's hands off you!"

He didn't realise that, as he spoke, Hacker was phasing through the door behind him.

"Captain, look out!" screamed Dum. Captain turned around and saw Hacker swing his weapon. He ducked and began to back away.

"S-stay away!" yelled Captain as Hacked approached him and Dum, who cowered against the wall. Captain held her close to him. "I won't let you hurt my girlfriend!"

Hacker said nothing as he pushed Captain aside. Then he raised his knife as Dum watched in fear.

"H-help..." she whispered.

Captain gasped as Hacker then brought his knife down. "DUM!NOOOOO!"

"Captain?" spoke Player's voice.

"Huh?" Captain turned around and saw Player behind him, looking tired.

"Dude, what's all the screaming about?" questioned Veteran, also looking tired. "You woke us all up."

Captain looked around and realised he was in his sleeping bag in cafeteria, with all the other guys awake, staring at him. "Thank god, it was all a dream."

"What was a dream?" asked BDay, confused.

"Nothing, go back to sleep!"

"Geez Captain, no need to be such an idiot," groaned Mr Cheese.

"S-sorry," sighed Captain as he layed back down and tried to go back to sleep. "Now let's all get some shut-eye."

Everyone else thought that was a good idea and all went to sleep. All except Player, who looked at Captain with concern. "I hope you're alright." He then shut his eyes. "Bestie."

...

In the medbay, Ria was trying to get to sleep, but the traumatic events of the day that had just occured were playing through her mind. She remembered the scream of her loved one, no matter how hard she tried to forget about it and move on. She groaned. "Oh, Eggy. I miss you."

"You can't sleep either, huh?" spoke the voice of Dum, slightly spooking Ria.

The lime crewmate looked over and saw Dum looking at her. "Oh, Dum. You're awake."

"I'm so sorry about Mr Egg," whispered Dum, sympathetically. "You must be really upset."

Ria nodded, not wanting to be reminded of what she went through. "Y-yeah."

"If it makes you feel any better, I just wanted to let you know I'll always be here in case you need support," whispered Dum.

"T-thanks," replied Ria, smiling. "That does sort of make me feel better. You're a real friend, Dum."

"Don't mention it," replied the pink crewmate, yawning. "Now let's get to sleep. I have a feeling we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

A/N: Okay, that's chapter 9 out of the way. I wonder how Captain will cope with his nightmares, and how Ria will cope with her trauma. Hopefully someone can help them out. Oh, and by the way this story almost has 800 reads! I can't believe it became this popular! Thanks so much for all of you who have been supporting me!