(1)

Growing up, I was taught that family meant everything. That these particular people would do anything and everything to protect you.

But when I stood outside my pack house. The sun glazing down and a small breeze blowing up dust and making the smell of fear even more prominent from my fellow pack mates that gazed on in wonderment.

I knew that that word became nothing.

"Dad?" I questioned with my voice wavering and tears filling my eyes.

I tried to tug my arm away from the grasp of a Crimson pack officer and get closer to my family. My three siblings were alomst in tears, as was my mother who stood beside the Alpha who was my dad whilst keeping back my siblings at the same time.

Dad said nothing. His eyes hardened and he avoided mine turning back to my mom and that said enough to make me nearly collapse with tears. My dad had already gave me up the moment he gave me over to the Crimson.

He turned his back on me. All of them did.

I watched them with resentment swarming in my blue pools, my feet dragging harshly on the sandy terrain. The officer dragging me to his black bus where loads of other children sat afraid out of their wits and crying because their parents gave them up just like mine did without any hassle.

It was like they ripped us from their minds the second we were took, just so they and our pack wouldn't be harmed.

But now is not the time for flashbacks.

I steadied myself on the rickety branch protruding from a tall Oak tree. Rustling out some dead leafs resulting from the harsh winter that Michigan had. They slowly fluttered to the ground quickly being crushed under my boots when I jumped down.

My knees cracked when I stood up stretching with a small groan and three eyes locked to mine from the sudden sound. Searching a bit considering it was pitch black and the moon was shining down on the upcoming battle, shaded slightly by the numerous trees that surrounded us.

The scrawny male one scurried from the blazing camp fire gaping at me.

"It's Lux." He cried feebly to his two friends who nodded in understanding preparing their self and unsheathing their silver swords knowing I was here to finish them.

I sighed pulling out my dagger from my boot, flickering it up into my hand and smirking at them smugly.

"Gentleman, this is no way to greet a lady." I chided to them shaking my head in disappointment.

"Shut up, Vampire." The muscular one grunted shifting forward.

He was daring, I thought skidding to the side and using my foot to trip him sending him flying into the tree I was in and causing him to yelp. Leafs fell to the ground and a few sleeping birds flew from the safety of their homes. Blood dripping from his obvious open fractured nose and he glared at me coming at me again.

And reckless, I finished analyzing him and swung my dagger at his arm sending blood splattering to the ground coating it in bright red that glistened from the fire.

"Bitch." He choked furious falling onto one knee and gripping his bleeding arm. His gaze moving to his two friends who stood there gawking in fear.

"Do something you imbeciles!"

Instantly they jumped in fright, nodding sullenly and coming at me and I knew that they were going to be easy.

I was feeling cocky. Slightly angry from his insult but fairly confident. Possibly too confident, but I ignored the gut feeling and swiftly moved to meet them in a flurry of the clapping of blades. I gritted my teeth seeing my arm be slashed, the sword slicing off bits of my jacket and blood pooling out from the stinging cut.

"Asshole." I cursed jumping back a feet away using my strength to kick up from the ground.

Even though I blamed myself. I didn't want to admit it and with a roar of anger that rippled into the night air.

I attacked them again.

·

"I did what you asked, Master." I said into my phone causally smoking against the same tree as earlier.

My blue contact lenses staring flatly at the dead corpses of my victims. Their throats having being ripped out, their guts and blood pooled around them like a sea of water. The smell was rotten and I sighed mentally to myself.

Maybe I should have went a bit easier, or made their deaths more humane.

Master didn't reply, instead hung up.

I smiled breathing out a heavy breath that I didn't realize I was keeping and stubbed out my fag underneath my boot and went on my way.

+End+

What do you think about Lux?

Vote/Comment/Share plz! :)

Thanks for reading!