We can take our time, Sasuke

Sasuke stood in front of Naruto nonplussed. "How did I break down your emotions? By rejecting you?"

"By underestimating my feelings and emotions, and treating me like I'm not meant to be with you. You killed me by running away, and ran so far that my mind couldn't focus anymore. I tried to fall in love with Sakura, I did. But I couldn't go back to being that guy, who was over the moon for her. I'm now over the moon for you, and my feelings are different for you. For her they are simply a small crush, but for you...they feel as if my life is being tugged along with them."

"I want to be with you but..." Sasuke combs his fingers through his hair to move them out of his face. "I'm scared. I'm scared of letting myself be open and vulnerable."

"That makes two of us." Naruto said, walking towards Sasuke. "I lost Jiraiya, who I thought of as my grandpa, and my heart is still open and vulnerable for you. If you don't take advantage of it, I might get hurt and killed by someone else, dattebayo." Naruto stopped a few inches away from Sasuke.

"I don't want you to be killed by anyone besides me." Sasuke scoffs. "Though, I might not have the strength to kill you myself."

"Then don't kill me." Naruto says, slowly bringing his hand to side of Sasuke's face, the rain was blocking their view of each other, but they could see the others expression well. "You need me alive, right?"

Sasuke leaned into Naruto's hand, his bottom lip quivered. "Do you promise to not turn out like Itachi? Or at least...not like my parents...dead."

"I never go back on my word, you know that." Naruto says, a smile appearing on his face. "I promise I won't turn out like them."

"How can I believe you? How..." Sasuke choked out a small sob. "H-How can I go back to being soft for someone?"

"We can take our time, at our own pace, our own level, and go by our own boundaries."

Sasuke placed his hand on top of Naruto's hand, that was still clenching his chest. "Our own pace..."

"Yes...Sasuke...our own pace..."

Sasuke steps a little closer to Naruto, the space between them was only a centimeter. "How much do you love me, Naruto? Do you love me enough to die for me? To...be my side forever. Because hell, I might not let you go ever, my heart is already pounding being this close to you."

Naruto nodded. "I love you, Sasuke. I love you more than I can grasp myself."

"Love is a dangerous thing to be saying, huh? You don't know if you'll survive it."

"I can survive anything. Even myself."

Sasuke used his other hand to move Naruto's hair out of his face, and sighed when he realized what he was putting himself in. "I can survive it too then..."

"You can..."

Sasuke leaned in close, his lips just barely half a centimeter away from Naruto's lips. "I love you too, Naruto."

The spark of lightning they felt when their long awaiting lips met was magical.

They pulled each other close in a tight embrace, and melted into the elation that they've been craving for all these years.

I love you, Sasuke.

I love you too, Naruto.

~

They ran back inside the shack together, barricaded the door, and Sasuke slammed Naruto's back against the wall of the shack to place his parted lips onto Naruto.

The heavy scent that was on Naruto was almost driving him mad, he couldn't pull himself away from him.

Naruto's arms were around Sasuke's neck, and grasp onto the ends of his hair. He imagined himself being in this moment too many times to count, and still keeps forgetting how to breathe when Sasuke exhales into his mouth.

I love you, Sasuke, god, I love you!

Naruto's eyes were pricking with tears, so was Sasuke's eyes. It was like their hearts were crying with happiness. They finally filled each other's void, and the fact Sasuke was crying-Naruto knew he was waiting for long for this moment too.

The sobs in between their sloppily, untamed kisses was enough evidence for anyone that two rivals can turn into two emotional people that need each other.

"Sasuke..." Naruto's tongue lapped over Sasuke's own, and melted into his warm mouth that couldn't stop pulling him in.

"Naruto..." Sasuke's hands were holding onto Naruto's hips with a tight grip, and Naruto almost thought his clothing would rip.

They kissed, kissed, and kissed until a loud clap startled them.

They pulled apart and giggled. Sasuke rested his head on Naruto's shoulder and sighed into his ear. "Now I really don't want you to leave, Dobe."

Naruto smiled. "Like if I was going to leave in the first place."

In The Leaves | A 'Naruto' fan story | SasuNaruOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara