Back To Work

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER INTERVIEW:

From of a scene in The Blitz starring Y/N L/N

[ HR = Hollywood Reporter / YN = Y/N ]
HR- Congratulations on your first Academy Award nomination! Best Actor, at that! What was your first reaction?
YN- I thought I heard wrong and when they told me again, I froze for what must've been a minute, at least. Never in a million years would I thought of being listed among legends like Anthony Hopkins or Gary Oldman.

HR- Now that you've had some time to think about it, how do you feel?
YN- After marinating in it a little bit, it still feels a little surreal. There's still something about being nominated by other actors that I still can't wrap my head around. I spoke with Steven [Yeun] about it and he feels the same way since it's both our first time being nominated.

HR- What are some things you guys talked about?
YN- We spoke at length about what it meant to us to be nominated in the likes of Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman. We also talked about how we wished we could've spoke with Chadwick [Boseman] as it would've been his first too. It would've great to have bonded with both him and Steven over this.

HR- So what drew you into The Blitz?
YN- Obviously, it was Martin Scorsese that drew me in at first. He's been someone I've wanted to work with and I jumped at the chance, but ultimately, it was the script that sold me on it.

HR- What were your first thought about reading the script for The Blitz?
YN- That I needed to read it again. The characters really draw you in and make you truly invested on the story, that I just had to read it again and again. I must've read it five times in the first sitting.

—————

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY INTERVIEW:

Still from Y/N L/N's movie with BLACKPINK, Black & Blue

[ EW = Entertainment Weekly / YN = Y/N ]

EW- Where were you when the nominations were announced?
YN- I was in Korea actually. It was past midnight there when the nominations were being announced. I stayed up with the girls in Blackpink and watched the announcement together.