Chapter Thirteen

Billie
The next day as I was getting things out of my locker I heard Elle and Alexis arguing.

Something I've never heard them do before. I tried my best not to listen on their conversation cause it really wasn't my business.

She walked over to her locker, angrily mumbling to herself as she shoved books inside.

"Everything okay?" I asked cautiously.

She sighed as she slammed her locker shut.

"Since when did Lexi become so fucking insensitive?! She's always been there for me just like I've been there for her. It's like she's a completely different person all of a sudden, I would understand if she has something going on at home but there's no need to be a complete bitch to me! Besides we used to tell each other everything and now it's like I don't even know who she is."

I kept quiet just letting her rant for a moment.

"But..then again I have some things I haven't told her so as far as keeping secrets I can't be talking. But still I'm never a bitch to her no matter how bad things at home were or how bad my day was."

She sighed deeply again, running a hand through her hair.

"Sorry."

"No you're fine. You can vent or rant to me if you need to. I'm a good listener."

"No I don't wanna dump my shit on you." She mumbled.

"You're not. I don't mind Elle, really. I'm here for you whenever you wanna talk."

"Okay. Just not here."

Once he put her things in her locker she took my hand and took me outside behind the bleachers and into the woods to this little spot that I've never seen before.

She took me under this sort of canopy and sat me down on this little stool covered in small vines. It reminded me of some sort of fairy cottage for some reason.

"I uh I made this little spot during freshman year and I've had it here ever since. Only a few teachers and people know about it so it's very private."

"It's really pretty. So what did you wanna talk about?"

"How did you know I had an eating disorder?"
She blurted. I guess it was the first thing that came to mind.

It caught me a little by surprise as I tried to think of an answer.

"Uh cause I...kinda had one. I used to starve myself cause I hated the way I looked and I hated my body and shit so. I also knew a lot of people who had anorexia and they all said the same things you did. Speaking of which did you eat something this morning?"

"Umm I had some yogurt and some water." She said quietly. It was almost like she was ashamed of herself.

"Okay that's good. Do you mind if I ask what your plan is for lunch?"

"Um well...n-nothing. I uh I-I usually skip lunch if I have something for breakfast."

"How about I take you out for lunch? I can make something small and we can try eating it together?"

I saw her eyes gloss over as she hesitated.
"I-I don't think I can."

"Come on, yes you can. I'm taking you to my house and I'm gonna make you something and we're gonna try to eat it together okay?"

She slowly nodded her head, I noticed her jaw clenched and her hands starting to slightly shake.

I scooted closer to her as I took both of her hands into mine.
"Hey, look at me. You're gonna be fine. I'm gonna make you a small snack, it won't even be a meal. We're gonna try eating it together and if you really can't then we won't. We won't do it, but I really want you to try. Do you think you can do that?"

"Um maybe."

"That's good enough for me. Come on we gotta get to class."

I stood up and held my hand out for her to take it. Hesitantly she did, a small blush spreading across her cheeks.

~

Once lunchtime came around I went looking for Elle. She kinda disappeared after third period.

After looking practically around the whole school I went to the one place I knew she would be:

The bathrooms.

I found her sitting on the bathroom floor picking at her nails nervously.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked softly as I took a seat in front of her.

She shook her head.
"I can't Billie. I can't eat, I just can't."

"Yes you can. Look, you ate yogurt this morning right? So I know you can, I also know you're scared which is okay. I just want you to try. You'll never overcome this if you don't. Please."

She looked into my eyes for a moment before she sighed.

"Okay."

I helped her up off the bathroom floor. Taking her to my car and back to my house.

I told her she could wait in my room while I made us both a small fruit salad. I tried not to add too much in it so she wouldn't be as intimidated by it.

Elle
I fiddled with my hands as I waited for Billie and I tried not to be too nervous but I was practically shaking.

I didn't really wanna eat anything but I just couldn't say no to her. I know she just wants to help and the least I could do was try.

And she was right. I can't get better if I don't try.

She came back and set a small fruit bowl in front of me on her bed.

"Okay so, this is a small fruit salad I made. It's got strawberries, blueberries annnnd a few other berries I don't know the name of."
She laughed a little bit to try and lighten the mood.

"Okay so I know this is hard so I'll go first then you go, we can even talk about something if it'll help."

I nodded my head as I breathed deeply trying to calm myself down. I watched as Billie took a strawberry and put in her mouth, chewed it and then swallowed.

I would be lying if I said watching it didn't make me cringe inside.

When she told me it was my turn I almost froze up. I looked down at the bowl starting to tear up.

I shakily picked up a piece of fruit and put it to my lips. But the more I thought about it the more I shook and the more tears pooled in my eyes.

My breathing suddenly increased as I dropped the piece of fruit.

Billie immediately moved both bowls away from me, going to comfort me.

"I'm sorry I-I just can't I'm so sorry."

She shushed me as she placed her hands on my face, I flinched a tiny bit but allowed her to wipe my tears.
"Hey, no no don't be sorry. It's alright. You tried and that's what matters. Just breathe for me mama, don't think about it."

I took some deep breaths as I tried to stop crying. Something I wasn't expecting was Billie pulling me into a tight hug.

I let out a small gasp, feeling her hand going to soothingly stroke the back of my head.

This was the first time in god knows how long I've ever been shown this much affection.

I didn't realize it at the moment but I was slowly starting to fall for Billie.

What that meant I had no clue at the time. But I knew I liked it but at the same time it terrified me.

And I think that's what made it all the more enticing.

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

A/N: I start back school 2 weeks 🥲
And I have summer reading and a college class to finish.

I'm gonna be stressed tf out

Anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter

Love y'all!💕