Prologue

"Would you like to do some more exercises Little One?" Aziraphale asked Eden. She was sitting on the bed, flexing her wings gingerly.

"No Papa." She had been quite restless lately.

"Well, in that case you need to lie back down and get some rest young lady." He tensed as Eden gave an experimental flap of her wings. She winced.

"Eden! Please don't do that! Your wing may be healed----"

"I know, I know, "Don't move. Keep it as still as possible. Stay in bed and rest." Eden lay back down with a frustrated sigh.

"I know your frustrated darling..." Aziraphale began but stopped when Eden stared up at the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling.

"Why don't we read a few chapters from your favorite book series?" Aziraphale suggested as he went to Eden's bookshelf and grabbed the book the book they had just started.

"Here we are, Shadows of the Dark Crystal...."

"We've already read that one." Eden muttered.

Aziraphale was shocked. Eden loved her Dark Crystal books, even more than Doctor Who. She read them almost constantly.....He had been reading them too her ever since she had returned home with them, even when she was comatose....

"Would you like me to read you something else Little One? Perhaps a different book from the series?"

When Eden didn't answer, Aziraphale began to read and he was relieved to see Eden relax a bit. It was working....

There was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Aziraphale called and in stepped Gabriel.

"Gabriel!" Eden exclaimed as she sat up with a wince.

"Eden!" Aziraphale and Gabriel said in unison at her sudden movement. Gabriel was at her side in an instant. "You can't do that Eden."

"So I've been told." Eden replied as she lay back down with a sigh.

Aziraphale politely excused himself so the two of them would be left alone, but before he left, he made sure to remind the Archangel to not wear Eden out or get her too excited.

"How are you feeling?" Gabriel asked as he caressed her hand.

"Bored." Eden replied. "So fucking bored..."

"Well, if it's any consolation, dinner will be ready in a little bit." Food always cheered Eden up.

"Ugh, I want out of this bed!" Eden exclaimed suddenly.

"Eden, you are still in no condition to leave your bed." Gabriel said gently.

"But I'm going crazy Gabe." Her blue serpentine eyes gazed up at him imploring. "Papa won't let me read my books myself. He thinks if I hold a book, it might aggravate my stomach wound and he freaked out when I tried to give my wings a good flap...."

Gabriel felt his chest ache at Eden's frustration.

"Let me see if I can figure something out. But first, promise me you will be more mindful of your injuries." He didn't think he could bear anymore scares. He nearly lost it when her stitches had broken. He could have lost her again.

"Deal." Eden replied as a bandage that was wrapped around her head came undone. Gabriel fixed it and left.

Aziraphale returned and was delighted to see that Eden's mood had improved and he resumed his reading until Crowley came with Eden's dinner.

After Eden finished her meal, Gabriel entered the room with her D&D gear, her papers, dice, everything.

Eden smiled from ear to ear as Crowley said, "We'll play a short little game before you have to go to sleep Queenie."

"What's your action Eden?" Dungeon Master Crowley asked as wizard Aziraphale and Gabriel the tabaxi waited with anticipation. Gabriel was enjoying this game very much. It was quite exhilarating....

"I'd like to kiss the newest member of our party! He is in need of a proper welcome!"

Crowley, forced himself to not be repulsed by the thought of someone kissing his daughter in that way, but for Eden's sake, he forced himself to be supportive, "Roll your d20."

Eden rolled her die on the tray that was used for her dinner table and rubbed her hands together as she said, "It's a 19."

She turned to Gabriel, whose face was flushed a bright red.

"Welcome to our merry band Kitty Dickenson, tabaxi rouge." Eden said as her and the Archangel's lips locked in a passionate kiss.