Into The Woods

Archangel Gabriel was beside himself with worry when he received the news that Eden had gone missing. He had just saw her less than a couple of days ago at St James. She did seem...different but she had assured him that she was fine....

Dammit Gabriel, you idiot. The Archangel scolded himself.

Aziraphale and Gabriel made their way back to the cottage dejected.

Still no sign of Eden.

She had been missing for nearly twenty four hours and her fathers and Gabriel we're beside themselves with worry. Aziraphale called Gabriel after the fathers found out Eden was missing and he flew over immediately to help them begin the search.

The trio had searched all night and most of the day. They searched the city of Soho from top to bottom and we're now scaling the woods. Aziraphale and Gabriel had searched the west and eventually made their way south but it was all for naught.

Aziraphale was waiting on the porch for Crowley, praying that his husband had more luck than he did. He ran when he saw Crowley walking down the dirt road to the cottage and yanked him into a hug.

"Did you find her Angel?" Crowley's voice carried a hint of hope.

"No love. We searched the western and the southern parts of the woods but there was no sign of her." Aziraphale felt his heart break at the devastated look on Crowley's face.

"Ngk..." said Crowley. He had hoped Eden had made her way home by now. He had gone north and found nothing.

"I had no luck either; I'm heading to the eastern woods next." Crowley said, forcing his voice to sound even.

"I'll go with you." Aziraphale said without hesitating.

"No angel, you stay here with Gabriel, she may make her way back home and be in need of a good meal." He knew Aziraphale wouldn't say no to the prospect of preparing their daughter a warm meal once she returned home. He also wanted his angel to be safe at the cottage in case something we're to go wrong.

"At least take your cell phone dear, so you can call me when you find her." Aziraphale pulled out his husbands cell phone out of if his pocket and placed it in Crowley's hand.

"Tell her that I'm making her a scrummy pot of cheesy potato soup and that I love her." Aziraphale's eyes brimmed with tears as Crowley gave him a gentle kiss.

Aziraphale then handed Crowley a tartan blanket. "It might get cold..." he murmured as he made sure that Crowley's jacket and scarf we're on properly.

"I'll bring her home angel, I promise." He clutched the blanket close as his hands trembled.

He waved at Gabriel who was standing on the porch with Bandit, who had been whining almost nonstop ever since Eden had run away.

Crowley and Gabriel's eyes met and Crowley saw his worry reflected in the Archangel's purple eyes.

Crowley's gaze drifted back to Aziraphale and after a quick, "I love you." He turned and headed into the woods.

Eden lay in the pile of leaves, she didn't really feel anything. Except the dull throbbing ache on her leg. She had cut it on something, she didn't remember want, she had tripped and fell and it must have been cut during her nasty tumble, but that didn't matter.

She would live here now. She wouldn't be a burden to anyone anymore. She was an immortal being who didn't actually need to eat, sleep or feel any emotion.

But it would take time for her to get use to that. Her body was accustomed to functioning just like a human's body. What was worse was that she flinched at every sound, fearing it would be a angel or a demon coming for her and they would take her back to Purgatory. That was a common theme in her nightmares.