Chapter 15

Storm knew that Charleston was going to be on both of their asses the moment they let Melissa go. They were still talking to her in the parking lot, but if it got more heated then they would be taking her in.

'Look, we may have differences but I would never kill Sarah'.

Melissa shook her head, and Storm started to think otherwise, maybe she's telling the truth, 'did you also know a man named James Holly?' Storm asked, and he was glad that she nodded, 'yeah, he worked with my dad... He's the guy that died right?' Storm swore that he saw her shiver, 'do you... These two deaths are all connected to my father and I, and it's not what you think, this isn't fair!'

'We never said that you killed anyone, we're just checking connections'.

Baloc said as he tried to calm her down, 'we're trying to find anyone who knew them and we're trying to piece together things at the moment', but Storm had a feeling that she didn't really believe him, but there was nothing they could do.

Back at the lab, Rushforth hadn't reported any new evidence, he hadn't told Baloc or Storm, but they could tell by his sour behavior and even Stacey was keeping a distance from him.

'Why does he always have to be like this'.

Storm groaned as he leaned against the wall, watching Rushforth flip through files, he'd decided to take a little break and allow Stacey to take over. Storm chose to interact with her instead, 'so... How'd your date go?' She hesitated, 'yeah, he was... Nice'.

'Just nice? That doesn't sound like a positive answer at all'.

She sighed before looking up at him, 'alright, he was quite boring and he only ever spoke about himself and his ex', Storm tried not to chuckle, 'sounds like he's not over her then', Stacey rolled her eyes, 'I kind of left half way... Pretended my dog died'.

'...You don't have a dog'.

This time, Storm couldn't hold back and he began to laugh, 'men', was all he said whilst shaking his head which caused Stacey to laugh too, 'you're right, men'.

'What's this I hear? A failed date?'

Baloc joined them, 'don't worry, Stacey will be able to find someone else, there's plenty of fish in the sea', Storm added.
Baloc could see it in her eyes, the way she looked at Storm as if he was the world, yes, there are many fish in the sea, and she's already got her sights set on one so far. But his mind went back to his daughter, did Storm still want her? There wasn't a problem if Storm fell out of love with her, but it'd be a big change for sure.
Storm felt his face grew hot when everyone had gone silent, 'anyway, have you found anything?'

Stacey continued examining the bones, 'I've got a clearer view of the damaged area of the the C2, something blunt but the fractures were oddly displayed, as if the weapon was swung in a downwards direction', she made the motions with her arms. Storm shook his head, 'so someone was playing golf with Mr. Holly?'

'Something like that, but he must have been on his knees when he was struck'.

'That sounds about right, because no one would be taller than him... Unless you play basketball or something'.

Baloc hummed, 'well... He was a mechanic, and sometimes they have to get down low to fix or examine things, so maybe he was attacked when he was working'.

Rushforth clicked his fingers, 'at least you two were able to find something... Do you think you can check the mechanic store where he worked at?' Both Baloc and Storm chuckled, 'no worries boss', Storm teased as he gave Rushforth a salute, 'we'll get back to you as soon as possible'.
Rushforth rolled his eyes, 'just please get something for me, I'm about to fall asleep', Baloc nudged the door open and allowed Storm through first, 'we'll call you as soon as we can, Stacey, we'll need you with us for this visit please'.