Chapter 2: The Surface and the Sky

(Author LeviAndErenAreMine note): It's quite beautiful the image up above

(Author LeviAndErenAreMine note): It's quite beautiful the image up above. But if it were your first time seeing the magnificent blue sky what would your reaction be? Keep that in mind for a part in this chapter.

This Story will update on a Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday! So remember to check regularly! :D 

Author P.O.V

9 years later Y/n was now 15 and she was the very few people from the underground that were chosen by the MP to train as a cadet. Y/n knew she had to accept this offer to see the surface as she had only one dream now to find the boy from the photo she still kept. She calculated that the boy was now 19 and he had to be above on the surface as on the back of the photo which she hadn't noticed when she was 6, there was a message written on the back. It said, "Dear Mother, I will be on the surface soon in hopes to see you in the sky that you tell me so much about and I hope you're celebrating my 10th birthday up there. From your Son, 04/04/836."(Author: If AOT was set in 845 I subtracted 9 years to be like when Y/n was 6 it's not the exact year but an estimate you could say.)

Y/n P.O.V

I knew that the boy was 10 that year when I found the photo 3 days after it was dropped. I assumed the boy's mother was dead and just like how my mother told me after people died they would go up to the sky and live in a place called Heaven. So knowing how innocent and pure he were I couldn't help but fall in love more.

Taking a deep breath, me and some other people around my age followed the MP up a secret stair case and they unbarred something that seemed like a door on the ceiling.

(Author: Should look something like this but imagine that it's wooden instead and extremely dirty and old. Sorry I have no Idea what these are called.)

After they removed the wooden block that kept the door close it came undone and immediately lot's of dirt had fallen onto all our heads except the 3 MP who was guiding us, they seemed prepared and placed their hoods onto their heads. The 2nd MP named Jenna who was in charge of us snapped at the 2 boys behind me and 4 other girls who were goggling at the sight of the door and the mysterious sunlight. The 3rd MP behind the whole group named Josh kept on fussing and pushing us forward up towards the door while the 1st named Angie stayed calm and continued leading us up. As we came closer and past the door it became too bright and all of us including the MP used our hands to cover our eyes just before everything adjusted.

I was shocked the Sky was blue a magnificent blue and everything was so beautiful. All 7 of us from the underground cried, tears streaming down maybe not because of the beautiful sky more likely that the bright light from the sun the MP called stung our eyes as we kept on trying to look at it. The 3 scoffed at our reaction and kept on nudging us to move forward onto a wagon attached with 1 horse with 2 others beside it.

~

After around an hour we had finally arrived and we hopped off the wagon watching it trail away into the distance. We all then realised we were in front of an extremely tall wall and a gate rose up. Angie explained what was inside the wall, why humanity stay behind it and she explained mostly about the titans and the training we were going to do with Keith Shadis the former 12th commander of the survey corps in the scout regiment. Angie then explained that if we were good enough to reach the top 10 graduated cadets we didn't have to join the scouts but if we were not we have to join. I honestly knew that I would join the scouts one way or another as I didn't mind after all there was a feeling that made me want to go there and I didn't really like this feeling but it was controlling me.

After transferring a few times we arrived at the training spot where we saw a huge number of people there chatting, playing or just simply waiting. Us 7 were going to be apart of the 104th cadet corps and I didn't like the fact that I would have to be alone for this. The 2 boys from earlier were cousins and 2 girls were friends and the other 2 were sisters. I sighed miserably treading my feet but I knocked something flat to the ground I quickly apologized and helped the female figure with blonde hair up. She shaked it off and said it was fine but I wanted to stay with her and she didn't mind. I wasn't too chatty with her as I could tell she wasn't much of a speaker but we did pass a few conversations as she explained the situation of the cadets and so on.

~

The cadets that had already arrived at the training camp had to wait another 2 months before Shadis and other trainers actually arrived. Me and the blonde named Annie grew close during the first month and we eventually became best friends. It was great having a friend just one or two was enough for me. Annie was really sweet even though she was hard like a rock on the outside. At night we would sneak off and Annie would teach me hand combat as she was worried that I might get hurt because I was soft, Innocent and sweeet she would say. I wouldn't blame her honestly as I did feel a lot weaker than most people here.

Annie introduced me to her closest friends here at the camp they were; Reiner, Bertolt and Ymir. They gladly accepted me and seemed to like me straight away. They kept on telling me that I was easy going, friendly, kind, humble, sweet, and honest but I kept denying that. Reiner kept going on that everyone liked me too as I was just a beautiful person who loved everyone. I blushed at this and kept on hiding my face in Ymir's arm and Ymir told Reiner to stop and she just smiled at my reaction. The 4 of them acted like my bodyguard when people I were uncomfortable with kept on coming to me but they were extremely shocked that I was from the underground and that explained the reason that I was so short as I never received vitamin D from the sun until recently.

~

It was nearly the end of month 2 and I noticed that a particular group of people standed out to me other than my group of friends. They were Eren Jaeger/Yeager, Armin Arlet and Mikasa Ackerman. Those 3 always stuck together and their friendship was so adorable. I felt extremely comfortable with them even if we didn't speak much at all but Annie, Ymir and Reiner suggested to me it was better off not to get too close with them so I listened as they were my only friends after all and are like my parents to me.

To be Continued...Very soon...

1288 Words