Tea and Books

"Good morning, Ayanokōji-kun."

An amiable voice was heard.

"Good morning, Hiyori."

A monotonous voice followed the pleasant voice.

Ayanokōji sat down in the seat facing Hiyori. There were walls segregating the different seats. As he sat down, his gaze fell upon two cups of tea.

"I ordered tea for you. Is that fine with you?"

Perhaps seeing his glance, Hiyori said that.

"I've no problem." It seems the tea she ordered some time ago. "Also, sorry, it seems I've kept you waiting." He followed with an apology.

"No, Ayanokōji-kun, it was just me who arrived earlier." Svelte arms waved in the air. "I suppose, I was too excited once again." The girl giggled gently.

"Alright, then." He acquiesced.

Ayanokōji surveyed Hiyori's apparel. Different compared to last time..... knee-length dress, red ribbons in her hair, black form-fitting stockings, and short heels.

Isn't a boy supposed to compliment a girl's dress in a situation like this? I read about it on the internet and Haruka, also, said something similar.

"You're looking great today, Hiyori."

Ayanokōji spoke, as usual, without variation in tone. Despite that, or maybe precisely because of that —

"Eh-h, a-h!"

Hiyori gasped and spluttered. 

"Thank you for the compliment." The girl shielded her lips, heaving breaths. T-that was embarrassing.... but it seems the internet's advice worked; this pleasant feeling–incomprehensible–I want more of it.

After a moment, having regained composure, she peeked at the expressionless male.

"You're also looking great today." She returned that back sincerely.

"Am I?" There was a tinge of, apparently, doubt in him. His eyes travelled across his clothes; they gazed from the neck to the feet.

"Plausibly, it's because this is my first time wearing these clothes?" With a slight turn of head, towards Hiyori, he remarked.

"Oh." Wait, did Ayanokōji-kun also have the same reason as m-me? No, don't think about that.

"No, Ayanokōji-kun, you look good." Suppressing previous thoughts tightly, she complimented the boy once again.

He merely nodded. "Thanks, Hiyori."

"I think we should finish the tea." His eyes shifted down to the full cups on the table.

Hiyori nodded quickly.... I had forgotten about the tea. Befitting her experience, she started sipping the tea elegantly.

Before drinking, Ayanokōji peered at his tea. Is this Oolong tea? Perhaps a variant I'm unaware of.

He then quickly cast his eyes at Hiyori's tea; both appeared to be the same.

"Do you dislike that tea?"

She frowned as she asked, placing the teacup back to where it lay forgotten moments ago. Hiyori, apparently, misconstrued his behaviour.

"No, I was just wondering which tea this is." He explained, as he shook his head. "I don't think I've tasted this." He continued after a moment of silence. "Is this a different version of Oolong tea?"

"Yes, that's right. This is Alishan tea, raised in the high mountains of central Taiwan." The blue-haired girl's lips shifted to a pleasant shape. "I hope you would like it."

Detached Glamour: A Classroom of the Elite fanfiction.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें