-5-

May 9th 2024 (Thursday)

6 o'clock was drawing nearer and nearer and Finnley would be lying if she said she wasn't a little bit nervous. Although both of the boys made her very comfortable and were super sweet towards her, she couldn't help but feel that they were just being nice because it was her birthday. Call it, being insecure if you will.

At 5:45 she started to make sure that she was ready, deciding for a pair of comfy* jeans and the beige hoodie that she had been wearing all day. Her hair was out but she had hair ties on her wrist just in case she wanted to put her hair up at some point throughout the night.

She didn't know how long she would stay there but she knew that they planned to watch a movie so she knew it would be for a few hours at least. She made her way out the door, deciding that it would be okay if she was a few minutes early.

Tommy and Tubbo looked up as they heard a knock on the door. "She's ten minutes early!",  "maybe she wanted to spend more time with you," Tubbo said elbowing the boy next to him gave him a deadpanned look. "Shut up Tubbo", Tommy made his way to the door and opened it ever so slightly, "password?".

Without skipping a beat she replied, "Fish fingers rock", Tommy laughed and shook his head in disbelief, "sure why not". Finn grinned as he opened the door for her and stepped aside to let her in. "Finn what did I say about jeans!", she scoffed, "hush, I find these jeans very comfortable and it's my birthday so I can wear what I want to" she gave Tommy a pointed look and he laughed again holding up his hands, "ok then".

Finnley smiled, Tommy seemed to laugh a lot, he was such a happy and carefree soul. She loved that about him. She rounded the small corner of the mini hallway and was met by Tubbo smiling at her from behind a saucepan full of pasta. He rushed towards her and gave her another hug, he seemed to be quite a physically affectionate person.

"Finn! Happy Birthday again! The pasta is almost ready and then we can eat" Finnley nodded in response as Tubbo let go of her, "thank you so much for this you two, it means so much to me". Tommy wandered over and slung an arm around her shoulder, "don't worry about it you're part of the gang now!".

Finnley looked at him in confusion, "gang?", he simply nodded, not expanding on the matter any more, only confusing the girl more. She looked to Tubbo who only shook his head and continued to tend to the pasta.

The three neighbours were currently sitting around the boys dining table, their dinner having been devoured. "Thank you again, boys, that was really good" Finnley at the two of them who shared a look and grinned. "TIME FOR CAKE" Tubbo yelled as both he and Tommy jumped up and ran to the kitchen, leaving Finnley to sit there by herself and shake her head in disbelief, a small laugh escaping her lips briefly.

Tubbo went to the fridge, pulling out the chocolate mud cake that he and Tommy had baked, and attempted to decorate. As long as it tastes good right! Tommy on the other hand opened his phone and went into discord where there were a few people in a voice call waiting for his signal.