| ɪɪɪ |

| is it brunch or lunch ? |

I was correct. It was a long-ass day. But when Zoe's yelling woke me up the next morning, I knew the day ahead would be even longer.

The yelling got progressively louder for the first ten minutes of my conscious morning, flicking a switch in my brain. Said switch instantly prevented any more beauty sleep and left me wide awake on a Saturday morning.

I groaned, accepting my sleepless fate, forcing my feet to touch the cold floor of my bedroom. I stood up and stretched before slipping on a half-white, half-grey hoodie over my tank top and pyjamas. This was the glorious moment that my brain fully woke up and clocked what Zoe was yelling about.

"BETHAN SHAW! GET YOUR SKIMPY ASS DOWN HERE BEFORE I DRAG YOU OUT IF BED BY YOUR NON-EXISTENT TITS! ITS 2 IN THE AFTERNOON!"

I looked at my clock to see Zoe was correct. Red numbers flashed '2:03' at my sore eyes. I shrugged, shuffling slightly to look in the mirror. Zoe had ticked all three boxes in her rant.

Skimpy clothes? Check.

Two o clock? Check.

Non-existent tits? I wouldn't describe them as non-existent, but I might be a tad bit biased as they are stuck to my chest and not hers, but we'll give her the tick because-

My mental ramblings had been cut short to more screaming;

"BETH I KNOW YOUR AWAKE. YOURE LIKE A BABY ELEPHANT UP THERE."

Another glance in the mirror suggested a fourth box ticked, but Zoe didn't have to know that.

"ON MY WAY" I yelled back, my voice cracking in the middle, making me sound like a prepubescent boy. It was a relatively accurate description.

I dragged myself down the stairs to be met my a grumpy Zoe, standing hands on hips in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Finally! I've been yelling for decades. You were meant to be up half an hour ago."

"Oh yeah." Ihad no idea what she was talking about.

"That's because we are going to..." I trailed off, letting Zoe fill in the blanks.

"You're hopeless. We're going to go meet the gang for lunch at Nando's."

Ah yes, the 'gang' as Zoe calls us. Brian, Marie, Zoe and I met in our first year of college when all four of us lost our sandwiches to pesky birds. Luke, Brian's younger brother, joined the 'gang' the next year, when he started to attend the university too.

"Yup, totally knew that."

"Of course you did." Zoe said rolling her eyes, "If you say you knew that, then you'll obviously know that we're leaving at half past."

"Shit!" I rushed back up the stairs to get dressed, a knew-found energy awoken in me.

"Yup, she totally knew that"

===

We were late to Nando's. Zayn decided to hide in my handbag seconds before we left, only letting his presence known ten minutes into the drive to the restaurant.

When we finally made it to our destination, Marie and the two brothers were already sat at a table by a window, laughing at a story Luke was telling.

"Hey, guys." I said, out of breath from the dash we had made from the car park.

"We're already finished." Brian joked, looking at his wrist as if he was checking the time.

"We told you we would be late for the brunch!' I exclaimed.

Marie let out a large giggle, "It's ten to three, honey. I think it's lunch."

"Oh fuck off, I woke up less than an hour ago."

===

Brunch- I mean, lunch- went really well. The food was lovely, it was served quickly, and Luke only dropped food on the floor twice.

Zoe and I had been home for about an hour and I was editing the apocalypse video in my room when I got a discord notification.

< r1pt1d3 : invitation to group chat 'free clout bitches' >

The fuck?